30 Basic Computer General Knowledge Quiz
1) What are the different types of Printers?
Answer: Daisy -wheel printer, dot-matrix printer, impact printer, ink jet printer, laser printer and line printer.
2) To move a program or operating system from one hardware plat form to another is:
3) A computer which is smaller than a laptop and about the size of a text book is:
Answer: Note book computer.
4) Language processing means:
Answer: Analysis of source program + Synthesis of target program.
5) Language processor consists of two phases. What are they?
Answer: Analysis phase and Synthesis phase.
6) The process of recognizing the lexical components in a source string is called:
7) AST stands for:
Answer: Abstract Syntax Tree.
8) There are two fundamental approaches to parsing. What are they?
Answer: Top down parsing and bottom up parsing.
9) Many languages provide built in facilities for writing macros. Well known examples for these are high level languages:
Answer: PL/I, C, Ada, C++ etc.
10) A macro call leads to:
Answer: Macro expansion.
11) MDT stands for:
Answer: Macro Definition Table.
12) SST stands for:
Answer: Sequencing Symbol Table.
13) APT stands for:
Answer: Actual Parameter Table.
14) In compiler, which analyzer converts the source program into a sequence of atomic units called tokens?
Answer: Lexical Analyzer.
15) Identifiers, keywords, constants, operators and punctuation symbols such as commas and parentheses are typical:
Simple Computer General Knowledge Quiz
16) A secondary processor used to speed up operations by taking over a specific part of the main processor’s work is called:
17) The name of the device used for user to computer communications, usually the display and the keyboard is called:
18) What is CON?
Answer: It is abbreviation for console.
19) CAE stands for:
Answer: Computer Aided Engineering.
20) CADD stands for:
Answer: Computer Aided Drafting and Design.
21) A program that translates a high level programming language such as C or Pascal into a machine language program is called:
22) A processor that can recognize and execute well over 100 different assembly language instruction is:
Answer: CISC Complex Instruction Set Computing.
23) RISC processors are 70 percent faster than which processors?
24) Novell Netware’s local area network protocol used to route messages from one network node to another is called:
Answer: IPX Internet Packet Exchange.
25) Examples for interpreted languages are:
Answer: LISP and APL BASIC was an interpreted language.
26) What are the popular programming languages for knowledge representation?
Answer: LISP Prolog and Small talk.
27) In expert system, where we stores information about the particular domain?
Answer: Knowledge base.
28) Name of a high level programming language which is used in artificial intelligence applications:
29) A programmer’s term for one unit of mouse movement, typically 1/200th of an inch is called:
30) The leading personal computer software company, Microsoft Corporation is founded in which year? 1975 by:
Answer: Bill Gates & Paul Allen.