Common Computer Competitive Exam GK Quiz Questions 2018
1. What is Microsoft’s first product?
Answer: A BASIC interpreter for the Intel 8080.
2. Windows 3 was released in which year?
Answer: May 1990.
3. Microsoft also markets a wide range of application programs. Which are they?
Answer: Microsoft Word – a word processor; Microsoft Excel – a spread sheet.
4. What are the three main components of windows?
Answer: Program manager, Print manager and File manager.
5. A small input device with one or more buttons used as for painting or drawing is:
6. Write examples for operating system:
Answer: DOS, OS/2, UNIX, WINDOWS etc.
7. The simultaneous execution of two or more programs in one computer is called:
8. A computer system that supports more than one simultaneous user is known as:
Answer: Multi user.
9. Example for multiuser operating system is:
10. Examples for single user operating systems?
Answer: DOS, OS/2 and Windows 3.1.
11. Prolog is high level programing language its expansion is:
Answer: PROgramming LOGic.
12. What is PROLOG’S application?
Answer: It is widely used in Artificial Intelligence application.
13. POSIX stands for:
Answer: Portable Operating System Interface.
14. When 64 bit chip was introduced?
Answer: In 1993 by Intel.
15. PCM stands for:
Answer: Pulse Code Modulation.
16. A security method that identifies a specific authorized user of a computer system, by a unique string of character that user types as an identification code is:
17. PASCAL was developed by:
Answer: Niklaus Wirth.
18. An extra or redundant bit used to detect transmission errors is called:
Answer: Parity bit.
Computer GK Quizzes
19. What is the need of parallel processing in a computer?
Answer: Achieve high performance in lower cost.
20. What is an efficient form of information processing which emphasizes the exploitation of concurrent events in a computer?
Answer: Parallel Processing.
21.Computers can be made very knowledgeable but are far from being:
22. Systems with a single central processor is known as:
Answer: Uniprocessor system.
23. The computer with multiple processors with shared memory space is known as:
Answer: Multiprocessor system.
24. In uniprocessor systems which channels are used to provide direct information transfer between the device and main memory?
Answer: D.M.A. (Direct Memory Access)
25. In uniprocessor system, usually CPU is:
Answer: 1000 times faster than memory access.
26. The number of operations performed per unit time is known as:
27. The speed gap between CPU & main memory can be closed up by using:
Answer: A fast cache memory between them.
28. A system that emphasized parallel processing is known as?
Answer: Parallel computer.
29. What is OLTP?
Answer: OLTP is the technique which transactions are immediately applied to the business’s data.
30. What are the two methods for processing transactions?
Answer: A) Batch, B) Online.
31. What is the full form of OLTP?
Answer: On Line Transaction Processing.
32. The automated transaction processing developed from what process?
Answer: Batch processing.
33. Check for data input errors are performed by which application?
34. What are applications of OLTP?
Answer: Display and access data from i/p devices, perform security verifications and perform calculations and database enquiries and check for data input en-or and updates.
35. What are different models for implementing OLTP application?
Answer: Monolithic model, Requester/Server model, Client/ Server model.
36. What is the benefit of quickly established OLTP as a powerful tool?
Answer: Organizations were finally able to integrate computers into each aspect of their operations.
37. What approach is well suited to decision support and low volume OLTP?
Answer: Remote Data Access.
38. What is the full form of DFA?
Answer: Distributed Function Approach.