Competitive Exams Questions – Win Exams and Competitions
Competitive Exams Questions and Answers Part 1
Competitive Exams Questions 1-20
1) What is a poltergeist?
Answer: A knocking ghost.
2) What is the correct meaning of bland?
Answer: Dull and uninteresting.
3) Whose detective is Father Brown?
Answer: Agatha Christie.
4) If you are holding your opponent in a half nelson what kind of combat are you in?
5) What is the meaning of misapprehend?
6) How many spokes are there in “Asoka Chakra” of Indian National flag?
7) Which country buried their unknown soldier at Arc de Triomphe?
8) In which city of China is the Tiananmen Square situated?
9) When Nader Shah invaded India?
Answer: In 1739.
10) What is the expansion of NAM?
Answer: Non-Aligned Movement.
11) When Ireland became free?
12) Who became the Prime Minister in Soviet Union, after the death of Stalin?
13) The Mauryas established and patronized an art centre at on near?
14) If you stood in Donegall square and on one side were the City Hall, which Irish City would you be in?
15) Name an Indian festival once in twelve years:
Answer: Kumbh Mela.
16) In which Indian City can you visit the Qutb Minar, the tall minaret built by the slave king Qutb al-Din Aibak?
17) The tallest sky scrapper in the world is in the USA. Name it:
Answer: The Sears Tower, Chicago.
18) In which country Trincomalee Port is situated?
Answer: East Coast of Sri Lanka.
19) What does the Cenotaph in White Hall, London, commemorate?
Answer: The ‘Glorious Dead’ of the world wars.
20) Upon completion in 1931, it was called the “All-India War Memorial Arch”. How do we know it today?
Answer: India Gate.
Competitive Exams Questions and Answers Part 2
Competitive Exams Questions 21-40
21) Which country would you be in if you bought takeaway snacks and vegetables from boats of the floating market?
22) Which road in Chelsea, London, has most of the leading fashion shops?
Answer: King’s Road.
23) The Flea Market along the river Seine in Paris is famous for bargain purchases. On which bank of the river Seine does it lie?
Answer: Left Bank.
24) Which commercial centre in New Delhi is the city’s biggest and busiest and was built by the British?
Answer: Connaught place.
25) Which country is famous for watches that you can buy at bargain rates because all watch prices are controlled?
26) Which Australian city would you be in if you were shopping at Bourke Street Mall and Collins street?
27) The Rialto Bridge in this Italian city is lined on both sides with famous shops. Name the city:
28) Which country would you be in if you were shopping in Sharjah’s Central Souq on the banks of the Khalid Lagoon?
29) The biggest department stores of this Chinese city lie along the Nanking Road. Which is this city?
30) Where was the first Indian Military Academy opened?
31) Among Florence’s famous sights is the Ponte Vecchio with its famous shops. What’s special these shops?
Answer: The shops date from the 14th century.
32) Name Tokyo’s most famous shopping and entertainment district which lies in the centre of the city:
Answer: The Ginza.
33) Alexanderplatz is the main shopping area of this city in Germany. Name it:
34) Which Sri Lankan city would you be in if you were shopping at the colorful market of Pettah?
35) In which countries would you shop using Escudos?
Answer: Portugal and Chile.
36) Which metropolitan city would you be in if you were shopping at Linking Road and Fashion Street?
37) What country would you be in if you paid 40 Krone for some porcelain?
38) Tlaquepaque, in Mexico, is famous for its native:
39) In which Canadian city can you shop at huge department stores along St. Catherine Street?
40) Oporto, the capital of Northern Portugal, is the trading centre for the famous: