Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. In which Indian city would you see the Victoria Memorial?
2. Which is the Autobiography of Dr. Salim Ali?
Answer: Fall of a Sparrow.
3. Name the monument in Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Park, dedicated to Japan’s war dead and to peace?
Answer: The Cenotaph.
4. A huge stone arch stands at the entrance to the harbour and is Bombay’s best-known landmark. Name it:
Answer: Buland Darwaza.
5. If you went to the ‘Tate’ in London, what would you go to see?
6. Name the world-famous museum in St. Petersburg:
Answer: The Hermitage.
7. Which country would you be in if you visited a museum of whaling at Mystic, an old whaling port?
8. Name the country which has no cinema theatre:
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
9. Which Indian City would you be in if you were visiting the Salar Jung Museum?
10. In which country can you visit the American Museum of National History and the Hayden Planetarium?
Answer: New York City.
11. What was ancient Tamil name of Kadalōn?
12. Which famous painter’s works are you likely to see in the Prado, Madrid?
Answer: El Greco.
13. Name a city in Europe which has no roads:
14. If you went to ‘Madame Tussauds’ in London, what would you go to see?
Answer: Wax images.
15. In which library can you see the handwritten manuscripts of Virgil and Dante?
Answer: The Vatican Library.
16. What would you expect to see in the Ulster Museum in Belfast, Ireland?
Answer: Irish silver and Glassware.
17. Killing of one’s own child is termed:
18. Which Asian city would you be in if you were strolling through the Bezalel Museum?
19. In which European country would you visit the Palace of Culture and Science?
20. What would you expect to see in Scotland’s Museum of childhood?
Answer: A collection of old toys and playthings.