Chemistry Quiz General Knowledge part 13 – Online GK Quiz – Science Questions
Chemistry GK Quizzes
1. What do you mean by orbitals?
Answer: They are regions of space around the nucleus where the probability of finding an electron is maximum
2. What are the integers used to express the energy, position etc. of an electron?
Answer: Quantum numbers
3. Which are the major shells that do not possess f – subshell?
Answer: The major shells K, L, and M do not have f subshell
4. The atomic number of potassium is 19. The sub-shell-wise electronic configuration of its atom is what?
Answer: Is2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 4s1
5. The major shell which does not possess p-orbitals is what?
6. What is the principle in the order of the filling of electrons in the atoms?
Answer: The principle is that the orbitals of the lower energy levels are filled up before an electron enters an orbital of a higher energy
7. The principle stating that the position and momentum of a sub-atomic particle cannot be determined simultaneously is called what?
Answer: Uncertainty principle
8. What do you mean by Avogadro’s number?
Answer: Number of particles in one mole of any substance
9. What is the minimum angular momentum of an electron?
10. The wave nature of electron was suggested by whom?
11. Which electron has least energy?
Answer: ‘K’ electrons
12. 2p, 3s, 3d, 4s of these which one has highest energy?
13. The 3p orbital is completely filled in what?
14. What is meant by sub-energy levels?
Answer: Sub-energy levels or subshells are groups or orbitals having a particular shape
15. The outermost five electrons of an atom are in 2p orbitals. Its atomic number is what?
Online Chemistry Quiz Questions
16. The atom which has 4s1 electron in its outermost shell is that of what?
17. In the formula 2n2, n denotes what?
Answer: Number of orbit
18. The number of electrons in oxygen atom is what?
19. How much is the electronic configuration of helium?
20. The number of orbitals present in Sodium atom is what?
21. How much is the maximum number of orbitals present in N shell?
22. What is the total number of ‘p’ electrons present in an element having atomic number 19?
Answer: 12 ‘p’ electrons (2p6 + 3p6 )
23. The reaction in which the forward and backward reactions occur simultaneously 1 is called what?
Answer: Reversible reaction
24. A substance which sublimes is what?
Answer: Ammonium chloride
25. What do we get on oxidizing sulfur dioxide?
Answer: Sulfur trioxide
26. What happened when the pressure of a gas is increased?
Answer: Its concentration is also increases
27. What is the molecular formula of ammonia?
28. Write an example of an alkali:
29. Which energy is possessed by the activated complex?
Answer: Potential energy
30. Write an example for one-way reaction:
Answer: Burning of magnesium