Buddhism General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1. Which are the states in which Hinayana Buddhism is popular?
Answer: Sri Lanka, Burma, Siyam, Cambodia.
2. In which state Mystic Buddhism developed?
3. To which section of Tibet did Mystic Buddhism gave importance flourished first?
4. The idea for which Hinayana Buddhism gave importance:
Answer: Individual Freedom.
5. The Buddhist section which gave importance to universal freedom?
6. Where does Mahayana Buddhism developed?
7. In which state the ideas of both Hinayanism and Mahayanism were followed?
8. Which state is following the ideas of Tendai Mysticism and Toji Misticism?
9. Which is the Chinese School that stood for the propagation of Buddhism and for the development of Buddhism?
10. More than half of the Japan population is following the most modem version of Buddhism. What is its name?
Answer: Amida Buddhism.
11. The states which believe in Amida Buddhism?
Answer: China, Tibet, Nepal, Mongolia, Manjuria, Annam.
12. One of the important literature of Buddhism:
13. During which period Tripiṭaka reached China from Japan?
Answer: Tang’s period (618-97), Song’s period (960-1279).
14. How many volumes did Tripiṭaka contain?
15. Who is Nagarjuna?
Answer: Ancient Buddhist Thinker.
16. In which year Japan officially declared Buddhism as their religion?
Answer: AD 552.
17. Who declared Buddhism as the official religion of Japan?
Answer: Shotoku Taishi.
18. Who is known as great philosopher among philosophers?
Answer: Sri Buddha.
19. Which religion reached the position of developing culture with religion?
20. Which idea did Buddhism put forward equal to the idea of yoga in Hinduism?