Biology Quiz Questions Nature and Scope of Biology – Science Quiz Questions
Biology Science Quiz
1) What is ecosystem?
Answer: The entire living community and non-living factors of the environment together from the ecosystem.
2) Which form of science dealing with the study of structural and cultural traits of human beings?
3) What are the two functional groups in an ecosystem?
Answer: Autotrophs and heterotrophs.
4) Where does the primary photo chemical reaction occur in chloroplast?
5) What is exobiology?
Answer: It is the study of life in outer space.
6) What is the magnification of an electron microscope?
7) Which is the monocarpic plant which shows gregarious flowering once in 48 years?
8) Write an example of serendipity.
Answer: Discovery of penicillin by Fleming.
9) What do you mean by Hydroponics?
Answer: Plant growth in liquid culture medium.
10) What is the technique of separation of disrupted cell components?
11) What is EM?
Answer: Electron microscope.
12) Name two monocarpic plants which show gregarious flowering.
Answer: Bambusa tulda, Melocanna bambusoides.
13) Under what system, organisms are provided with scientific means?
Answer: Binomial nomenclature.
14) What is the name of that branch of Biology which devoted to identifying, naming and classifying organisms?
15) Who was the author of ‘Man’s place in nature’?
Biology Online Quiz Questions Answers – Biology Quiz in English
16) Both living and the non-living are made of same elements and are governed by the similar physical laws. In which respect are they different?
Answer: Level organization.
17) Expand the TMV.
Answer: Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
18) What is DNA?
Answer: Deoxyribonucleic acid.
19) What is Histology?
Answer: Histology is the study of tissues (Microscopic anatomy)
20) Which is the free living soil bacteria in fixes nitrogen?
21) What is Physiology?
Answer: Physiology is the study of structure and functions.
22) What is Cell Biology?
Answer: Cell Biology is the study of structure and reproduction of cells.
23) What do you mean by Genetics?
Answer: Genetics is the study of heredity and variations.
24) Write a Radio isotope.
25) How does the living and non-living resemble up to the level organization?
Answer: Molecules and compounds.
26) What number of chemicals are present in a cell?
Answer: About 5000.
27) Write an example of homeostasis.
Answer: Increased heart beat on running and sweating during exercise.
28) Which is called blue-print of information?
29) Which cells are programmed to die during embryonic stage?
Answer: Vessel elements.
30) Why virus cannot be cultured in totally artificial medium?
Answer: Because it lacks machinery to use genetic information.