Biology Quiz Questions Animal Kingdom – Biology Science Quiz
Biology GK Science Questions Answers
1) What is an animal?
Answer: The word animal comes from Latin, meaning breath or soul. It includes mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, frogs, clams, lobsters, insects, worms, and jelly-fish.
2) What are invertebrates?
Answer: They are a division of the animals which have no vertebral column.
3) Which is the biggest cell?
Answer: The egg of the bird ostrich.
4) Gave the names of three fur bearing animals?
Answer: The sable, a kind of antelope, mink and the arctic fox are fur bearing animals.
5) Which living animal has the longest lifespan?
6) What is a flying fox?
Answer: It is a kind of bat.
7) Which is the largest marsupial?
Answer: Red kangaroo.
8) How do mammals communicate?
Answer: They communicate by sounds, touch, visual clues, and odor.
9) What is a viviparous?
Answer: A viviparous animal is one that gives birth to young ones.
10) What is Murrah?
Answer: It is a hybrid buffalo which is a high milk producer.
11) Which is the tallest living animal?
12) Which is the biggest land animal?
Answer: African bush elephant.
13) How many species are there in mammals?
Answer: There are forty thousand species.
14) What is Pangolin?
Answer: It is a mammal which does not have teeth.
15) Which is the animal that never drinks water?
Answer: Kangaroo rat.
Online Biology Quiz Questions
16) What is Herbivorous?
Answer: Herbivorous is the term used to describe plant eating animals.
17) Which are the mammals that lay eggs?
Answer: Spiny anteaters and the duck-billed platypus.
18) How far can a kangaroo jump?
Answer: It can cover a distance of 7 to 9 meters just in one jump.
19) Where is the metameric segmentation occur?
20) Why do animals have hair?
Answer: They help to retain the internally producing heat.
21) Which the animal that has a tongue longer than its body?
22) Which animal has the biggest brain?
Answer: Sperm Whale.
23) What kind of animals lives underground?
Answer: Bees, badgers, earth worms, turtles and toads.
24) Which are the cats that have no tail?
Answer: The Manx and the Siamese.
25) Which animal is the fastest on foot?
26) Why does the egg happen to be larger in size when compared to the other cells?
Answer: Because the food for the growth of the embryo is stored in egg.
27) Which is the aquatic animal with the most developed intelligence?
28) What is the average length of dolphin?
Answer: 1.3 meter.
29) Name four animals which are put to work by man?
Answer: The donkey, the mule, the camel, the bullocks.
30) What is called an animal which eats human flesh?