Bible Questions with Answers – Top Bible Questions for Everyone
1. What is the total number of books in the Bible, in the Old and New Testaments?
2. What is the total number of books in the Old Testament?
3. Which is the earliest book of the New Testament?
4. Identify the Book of the New Testament which has: “What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his soul”?
Answer: Mark, 8:36.
5. What is the total number of books in the New Testament?
6. When did the Authorized or King James Version of the Bible in English appear?
7. “What is truth”, said jesting Pilate; and would not stay for an answer’ – Thus begins Bacon’s essay ‘Of Truth’. Which Book of the Bible reports Pilate’s jest?
Answer: John, 18:37-38.
8. ‘As you sow, so you reap – this is originally a Biblical phrase, adapted, Whatsoever a Man Soweth, that shall he also reap’ being the text. Which Book does it belong to?
Answer: Galatians 6:7.
9. “Vanity of Vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.” Which book of the Old Testament has this verse?
Answer: Ecclesiastes, 1:2.
10. In which Book of the New Testament do you find this? “In my Father’s house are many mansions”?
Answer: John, 14:2.
11. ‘For dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return’. Which Book of the Old Testament has it?
Answer: Genesis, 3:19.
12. Shaw’s play, ‘Back to Methuselah’, refers to the grandfather of Noah, who lived exceptionally long. How long?
Answer: 969 years.
13. One particular Bible is to be found most frequently in American hotel rooms. Which is it?
Answer: The Gideon Bible.
14. Which is the first complete translation of the Bible into English?
Answer: By Wycliffe and his followers.
15. The New English Bible is not recognized by one of the Churches. Which?
Answer: Roman Catholic.
16. ‘The Wicked Bible’ of 1631 is so called because it dropped a ‘not’ from one of the prohibitions of the Ten Commandments. Which is it?
Answer: Not commit Adultery.
17. The Seven Pillars of Wisdom’ by Lawrence of Arabia takes its title from the Bible. From where precisely?
Answer: Proverbs, 9:1.
18. Chaucer’s Wife of Bath is full of praise for King Solomon, ‘the wise King, daun Solomon’ who had wives more than one. How many women did Solomon have?
Answer: 700 wives and 300 concubines.
19. Identify the Book of the New Testament which has this: “Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also”:
Answer: Matthew, 5:39.
20. What’s wrong with a fly in the ointment? The Bible tells you what: “Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour…” In which book does it do so?
Answer: Ecclesiastes, 10:1.