Best Trivia Questions – Online Trivia Quizzes
General Trivia Quiz
1. What does contrite mean?
2. In which country did the Sauna – hot steam bath, basically originate?
3. Prudish Victorian England called a certain garment ‘Unmentionables’. What were they?
4. What was the basic step in the development of skyscrapers?
Answer: The invention of fire safety devices.
5. What is a dedicated computer?
Answer: It performs the particular kind of task assigned to it.
6. What is the meaning of inveigle?
Answer: To lead astray.
7. What is the meaning of impute?
Answer: Making someone responsible for something bad.
8. World’s largest passenger plane:
Answer: Super Jumbo A-380.
9. Super Jumbo A-380 can carry how many passengers?
10. The fourth largest earth quake in the world:
Answer: Tsunami which occurred in 2004 December 26th.
11. What is the meaning of the Japanese term ‘Tsunami’?
Answer: Harbour wave.
12. The concept of the zero existed; but who was the person who treated it as a number and made it the most important tool of mathematical calculation?
13. What is the meaning of intransigence?
14. Who directed the group of scientists in the Manhattan Project which succeeded in creating the atom bomb in 1945?
Answer: J. Robert Oppenheimer.
15. Which insect has the largest number of species in the world?
Basic Trivia Questions
16. L-dopa is a drug to cure:
Answer: Parkinson’s disease.
17. The highest mountain peak in India:
18. Which is the world’s top oil-exporting country?
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
19. When did Russia join NATO?
Answer: 22nd June, 1994.
20. The magnitude and intensity of an earthquake is measured by the:
Answer: Richter Scale.
21. Who discovered the North Pole?
Answer: Robert Edwin Peary.
22. When did R.E. Peary discover the North Pole?
Answer: 6th April 1909.
23. What is the meaning of opprobrious?
Answer: Expressing scorn or abuse.
24. Bees cannot distinguish one colour, which?
25. Which is the deepest lake in the world?
Answer: Lake Baikal.
26. Whales often move together in the sea. What is a group of whales called?
Answer: A school.
27. Which king built the Tower of London?
Answer: William the conqueror.
28. In which European country is the city Strasbourg?
29. Which detective is Inspector Ghote?
Answer: H.R.F. Keating.
30. Einstein’s Theory of Relativity, E = me2, was a theoretical formulation. How was it experimentally proved correct?
Answer: By a solar eclipse.