Automobile General Knowledge Questions – Basic Automobile GK Questions
1. Which car is provided with torsion bars at the front independent suspension system?
2. Name the sort of links by means of which leaf springs are connected with chassis frame:
Answer: Spring Shackles.
3. What type of shackle is used in Jeep?
Answer: ‘U’ type.
4. What act as axis for the wheels to spin around?
5. Name axles which contain differential and through which rotary motion is transmitted to the wheels:
Answer: Live axles.
6. Name the axles which do not contain differential:
Answer: Dead axles.
7. What are referred to as the legs of the vehicles?
8. What are the two classifications of wheels with regard to the type of tire?
Answer: Solid tire wheels and pneumatic tire wheels.
9. What is the media between tire, tube and rim to cushion out road shocks in pneumatic tire wheels?
10. What are the two classifications of pneumatic tire wheels?
Answer: Tube tire wheels and tubeless tire wheels.
11. What are the components of a pneumatic wheel?
Answer: Tire, tube and valve, flap and rim.
12. What serves as a cover for the tube and protects it from damage?
13. What are the materials used in making the tire?
Answer: Rubber impregnated rayon, nylon and cotton.
14. What transmits the power from the engine through the medium of driving wheels to the road?
15. Why is the tire given a good tread pattern?
Answer: To give it grip on the road surface.
16. The tires are specified to run on recommended inflation pressures by the manufacturers according to certain norms. What are they?
Answer: Size and quality of the tire, load to be imposed upon it.
17. When should the tire pressures be checked, when the tires are cold or heated?
Answer: When they are cold.
18. On the side walls of the tire cover there are several markings. What do they indicate?
Answer: They indicate tire size, ply rating, tire number, tire make etc.
19. What does the ply rating on the tire represent?
Answer: Index of tire strength.
20. What material is the tube made of?