58 Tough Questions and Answers
Mixed General Questions with Answers
1. Who was the greatest ruler of the 19th dynasty?
Answer: Ramesses II (1292 B.C. – 1225 B.C.)
2. How many complete revolutions does the moon make around the earth in a calendar year?
Answer: 13 (and a small bit)
3. What is called the assemblage of the plant life of a region?
4. What is the common name given to lanthanides and actinides?
Answer: Inner transition elements.
5. Name the organization which controls a number of stores under common ownership and management:
Answer: Chain stores.
6. Which is the biggest annoyance in computer generated modelling?
7. Lowest temperature at which the vapor of bitumen can be ignited in air is called:
Answer: Flash point.
8. What is the name of the river water?
Answer: Free water.
9. Which mathematician wrote the literary work “A Russian Childhood”?
Answer: Sofia Kovalevskaya.
10. Who invented Helicopter?
Answer: Étienne Oehmichen.
11. Where are the main three offices of IATA (International Air Transport Association)?
Answer: At Geneva, Montreal and Singapore.
12. What was the great contributions of Ramses II in the field of architecture?
Answer: The great temple of Abu Simbel in Nubia.
13. Which planet has a great red spot?
14. Which plant lives in the dark?
15. Which is the smallest atom?
Online Questions and Answers
16. Name the retail trading houses which receive orders from the public through post and deliver the articles by post:
Answer: Mail order Houses.
17. What is the reason for aliasing problem in computer animation and graphics?
Answer: Low resolution.
18. The technical process of converting the information to be supplied to the computer through the binary system is called:
19. Mainly how many types of aquatic bodies are there?
20. Which mathematician wrote the literary classic of his time, ‘Pensées’?
Answer: Blaise Pascal.
21. Who discovered Machine gun?
Answer: James Puckle.
22. How many passengers can be accommodated in 747 Jet?
23. Who was the last great ruler of the Egyptian empire?
Answer: Ramesses II.
24. How many planets in our solar system have only one moon?
Answer: Two, Earth and Pluto.
25. Which is the plant hormone that influence flowering and Stem elongation?
26. The relative tendency of the atoms to attract electrons in chemical reactions is called what?
27. What is the literal meaning of business?
Answer: To be busy.
28. The technology by which a virtual world appears real to the user by the use of computer generated animation is called:
Answer: Virtual Reality.
29. The electronic devices which can do tasks which are difficult for human beings are called:
30. The slope of stairs should not be flatter than _
Hard Online Questions Answers
31. How many major zones are there for a Lentic aquatic body?
32. Once the great mathematician Charles Hermite had said, “He has left mathematicians something to keep them busy for five hundred years”. Which mathematician was he referring to?
Answer: Niels Henrik Abel.
33. Who discovered Margarine?
Answer: Hippolyte Mège-Mouriès.
34. What is the usual height gained by 747 Jet?
Answer: 30,000 feet.
35. When was the ancient civilization in Egypt destroyed?
Answer: By the Persian invasion in 525 B.C.
36. Which major planet was discovered in 1846?
37. Why does Duckweed float on water?
Answer: Because it is very small and light.
38. Which element has the lowest electronegativity value?
Answer: Cesium/ Francium.
39. What is the main objective of a business?
40. What is the key to virtual reality?
Answer: The EyePhone.
41. The IC chip which does the function of ALU and CU is known as:
42. A vertical window built in sloping side of the pitched roof is known as:
Answer: Dormer window.
43. Colour, taste and odour, temperature etc. are called what type of characteristics of water?
44. Which poet said, “A man should be learned in several sciences, and should have a reasonable, philosophical and in some measure, a mathematical head to be a complete and excellent poet….”?
Answer: John Dryden.
45. Who invented Welding (electric)?
Answer: Elisha Thomson.
Online General Knowledge Questions
46. What is the speed of 747 Jet?
Answer: 575 Miles per hour.
47. When did Alexander the great conquer Egypt?
Answer: In 322 B.C.
48. What are the ‘Northern Lights’ otherwise known as?
Answer: Aurora Borealis.
49. How does water hyacinth float on water?
Answer: It has bulb like swelling filled with air, its leaf stalks and so it is able to float.
50. What is the electronegativity of fluorine?
51. Which term refers to economic activity which is concerned with production, processing or fabrication of goods?
52. The animation which is used in modern industrial plants is called:
Answer: Technical Animation (TA)
53. The wave length of x-rays range between 0.1 to _ nanometers.
54. A window built parallel to the sloping surface of the inclined roof is known as:
Answer: Sky light window.
55. What makes the color of water dull yellow?
Answer: Humic and fulvic acid.
56. Who said, “Number rules the universe”?
57. Who discovered Windmill?
58. What is the usual height gained by British Aerospace Concorde (BAC) or Supersonic Aircraft?
Answer: 50,000 feet.