52 Tough General Knowledge Questions with Answers
General Knowledge Quiz Questions
- What was the religion which existed in Egypt?
A kind of Polytheism.
- What is the difference between a Radio telescope and an Optical telescope?
A Radio telescope receives radio waves from the stars where as an Optical telescope receives light waves from them.
- From where does plants get nutrients?
Animal wastes and remains.
- Which metal reacts with water and forms an alkaline compound?
- A database system consists of two parts:
Database management system & Database application.
- In which emission, the application of a strong electric field outside the emitter surface will pull the electrons out of the emitter surface?
Cold-cathode or field emission.
- The behavior of cement concrete under instantaneous loads is:
- How many types of rocks are there in earth’s crust?
- Who said, “Mathematics is the archetype of the beautiful”?
- Name the scientist who invented Deuterium:
Online GK Questions and Answers
- What was first patented in 1846, and then manufactured by John Dunlop in 1888, for use on cars and bicycles?
The pneumatic tyres (Dunlop).
- Who was the great philosopher lived in Egypt at about 2500 B.C.?
- “Others abide our question, thou art free” Matthew Arnold wrote this in a famous sonnet. Who is it addressed to?
- Moon usually depends upon what to rotate in Zodiac?
Depends upon stars.
- Name the two kinds of shock absorbers used in a vehicle:
Mechanical Shock Absorbers and Hydraulic Shock Absorbers.
- The three disciplines of Buddhism?
Dyanam, Samadhi, Self-control.
- What does the musical term ‘fortissimo’ mean?
- Who is the Chinese and Japanese mother goddess whose attributes compassion and mercy, and who is a form of the Bodhisattva Avalokiteśvara?
Kannon / Kwan Yin.
- What is the reef parallel to the eastern coast of Australia which is visible at low tides?
- Auguste Comte had pointed out the need for the creation of a distinct science of society which he first called:
Hard General Knowledge Questions with Answers
- Who wrote ‘The Compleat Angler’?
- Who wrote the Bab Ballads?
- What is the full form of SITE?
Satellite Instructional Television Experiment.
- What are the requirements for plant growth?
It require water, air, sunlight, minerals and suitable temperature to grow.
- Which metal floats on water?
- Name the policy which is issued to cover the fixed as well as current assets in a single insurance:
- Which compiler converts the data definitions statements into a set of tables?
Data Definition Language.
- In which emission, the energy of light radiation falling upon the metal surface is transferred to the free electrons within the metal to enable them leave the surfaces?
- In cold weather countries cement preferred is:
Calcium chloride cement.
- How igneous rocks are formed?
By cooling and solidification of magma.
Online General Quiz Questions
- Who asked, “What is exact about Mathematics but exactness? And is not this a consequence of the inner sense of truth”?
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
- Who was the inventor of Pyrometer?
Henry Louis Le Chatelier.
- In what sequence do traffic lights change, starting from red?
Red-Red and Amber-Green-Amber-Red.
- Which are the gigantic temples in ancient Egypt?
The temples at Karnak, Luxor and Philae.
- Moon takes 27 days to rotate once around the cyclic motion of the planets having 108 sidereal feet. What is the name of this duration?
- Direct Acting Hydraulic Shock Absorbers are known by another name. What is it?
- Without which idea Buddhism cannot follow?
- Which British singer was originally backed by the Shadows?
- What was the name of Zeus’s shield?
- Who was the youngest ever leader of the Labor Party (UK) elected in 1983?
Top General Knowledge Questions for Everyone
- What is the base level for the land surface?
- Who said “The other name of Sociology is Social Anthropology”?
- Studies in a Dying Culture (1938), is a seminal work on the Marxist theory of art. Who is the author?
- What is the purpose of SITE?
For providing direct telecast from satellite to rural television sets (This experiment was offered by the USA in 1975).
- Which is the largest group of plant?
- The Color of the vapor that rises when concentrated Sulfuric acid reacts with a mixture of potassium bromide and manganese dioxide is:
- Which is the API for microsoft products?
ODBC (Open Database Connectivity).
- In which emission, the emitter metal is heated, resulting in increased thermal energy of free electrons?
- Air permeability test of cement is conducted to find the:
- Which are some of the common igneous rocks?
Diorite and basalt.
- Who introduced system of sending messages using the symbols ‘dot’ and ‘dash’?
Morse (in telegraph).
- In what year was the Volkswagen ‘Beetle’ first launched onto the mass market?