51 General Knowledge GK Quiz Questions Part 26 – Update Your Knowledge
1. What is meant by chlorinated polyvinyl chloride?
Answer: Thermoplastic produced by chlorination of polyvinyl chloride resin.
2. Which day is observed as World Fisheries day?
Answer: November 21.
3. Name the President of Mauritius?
Answer: Ameenah Gurib.
4. Who got Mother Theresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice 2016?
Answer: Faraaz Ayaaz Hossain.
5. Which is the largest volunteer medical organization in the world?
Answer: Medecines Sas Frontieres.
6. Which is the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory?
Answer: European Organization for Nuclear Research.
7. ”He who can not be a good follower can not be a good leader”, is quoted by whom?
8. Which country is the second largest producer and consumer of currency notes?
9. Who is known as the father of hybrid rice?
Answer: Yuan Longping.
10. What is meant by Google Glass?
Answer: Optical head mounted display designed in the shape of a pair of eye glasses.
11. Who is Jerome K Jerome?
Answer: English writer and humorist.
12. What is meant by Wilson’s disease?
Answer: Genetic disorder in which copper builds up in the body.
13. Name the President of Argentina.
Answer: Mauricio Macri.
14. What is meant by equity?
Answer: Difference between the value of the assets and the cost of the liabilities of something owned.
15. Name the first solar powered flight?
Answer: Solar Impulse.
16. What is meant by carbon foot print?
Answer: Total set of greenhouse gas emissions caused by an individual, event, organization or product.
17. What is meant by rheumatoid arthritis?
Answer: Long lasting auto immune disorder that primarily affects joints.
18. Which word has been selected as Dictionary.com’s word of the year?
19. What is meant by sovereign wealth fund?
Answer: State owned investment fund investing in real and financial assets such as stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals or in alternative investments.
20. Who directed the film Daughter?
Answer: Reza Mirkarimi.
21. What is meant by VSAT(Very Small Aperture Terminal)?
Answer: Two way satellite ground station with a dish antenna that is smaller than three metres.
22. What is meant by High Throughput Satellite?
Answer: Classification for communications satellites that provide at least twice, though usually by a factor of 20 or more.
23. What is meant by reverse commerce?
Answer: Recovery of products over electronic systems such as the internet or through physical distribution channels.
24. What is meant by aerosol?
Answer: Colloid of fine solid particles or liquid droplets, in air or another gas.
25. What do we refer by digital wallet?
Answer: Electronic device that allows an individual to make electronic transactions.
Online GK Quiz Questions with Answers
26. Who wrote the book, “The Curse of Cash”?
Answer: Kenneth Rogoff.
27. Name the world’s biggest coal miner.
Answer: Coal India.
28. Name the world’s largest producer of coal.
29. Who wrote the book “My Vision for Space Exploration?
Answer: Buzz Aldrin.
30. What is meant by mercosur?
Answer: Sub regional bloc.
31. Who are the member states of mercosur?
Answer: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay.
32. What is meant by Natural language processing?
Answer: Field of computer science and artificial intelligence concerned with the interactions between computers and human.
33. What is meant by machine learning?
Answer: Sub field of computer science that gives computers the ability to learn without being programmed.
34. Who invented bitcoin?
Answer: Satoshi Nakamoto.
35. Name another word for bitcoin.
36. What is meant by ECMO(Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation)?
Answer: Extracorporeal technique of providing both cardiac and respiratory support to persons whose heart and lungs are unable to provide an adequate amount of gas exchange to sustain life.
37. What is meant by Turner Prize?
Answer: Annual prize presented to a British visual artist under the age of 50.
38. Who got Turner prize in 2016?
Answer: Helen Marten.
39. What is meant by BCS(Bardeen Cooper Schrieffer) theory?
Answer: First microscopic theory of super conductivity since its discovery in 1911.
40. Who has been named as Time Magazine’s person of the year in 2016?
Answer: Donald Trump.
41. What is meant by sand casting?
Answer: Metal casting process characterized by using sand as the mould material.
42. Who wrote the book Cosmos?
Answer: Carl Sagan.
43. Who is the first American to orbit earth?
Answer: John Glenn.
44. Name South Korea’s first Woman president?
Answer: Park Geun Hye.
45. Name the world’s oldest astronaut.
Answer: John Glenn.
46. Which is the highest civilian honour in USA?
Answer: Presidential Medal of Freedom.
47. Who wrote the book “When Markets Collide: Investment Strategies for the age of Global Economic Change”?
Answer: Mohamed El Erian.
48. What is meant by Quick Response(QR) Code?
Answer: Trademark for a type of matrix code.
49. Name the world’s oldest sea bird?
Answer: Laysan Albatross.
50. What is meant by order of friendship?
Answer: State decoration of the Russian federation.
51. What is meant by European Economic Area?
Answer: Area in which the agreement on the EEA provides for free movement of persons, goods, services, and capital within the European Single Market.