World Geography Quiz – 50 Geography Questions
World Geography Quiz Part 1 (Questions 1-15)
1. The North pole surrounded by _
(a) Atlantic ocean
(b) Pacific ocean
(c) Southern ocean
(d) Arctic Ocean
Answer: Arctic Ocean
2. Name a country of South America, that is of the Westernmost part?
3. Name the city in China that has the highest population?
4. Doldrums means what?
(a) A low pressure belt
(b) A high pressure belt
(c) A low-pressure belt round the Equator where there are very light winds and calm seas
Answer: A low-pressure belt round the Equator where there are very light winds and calm seas
5. Name the Sri Lankan Mountain which is sacred to people of all faiths?
(b) Mount Kailasj
(c) Bible Rock
(d) Adam’s Peak
Answer: Adam’s Peak
6. The capital of Indonesia is located on an Island, name it.
7. The Serengeti National park is located in?
8. The Everglades in the USA is located in which place?
9. Name the largest coastal city in Brazil?
(d) Rio de Janeiro
Answer: Rio de Janeiro
10. The Northern Territory of Australia is having its Capital named _
11. When a high area of land drops steeply, especially into the sea, what is the land formation called?
12. The island where Male’s airport is located is?
13. The oil pipeline that reaches the Mediterranean ports, through an Iraqi city. Name it.
14. Which among the following is river mentioned, represents the colours Blue and white?
15. Name, the sea where the Danube rivers flows to?
(a) The Black Sea
(b) Caspian sea
(c) Mediterranean sea
(d) Red sea
Answer: The Black Sea
World Geography Quiz Part 2 (Questions 16-30)
16. Mojave Desert is located in which place?
(a) Peru, Chile
(b) China, Mongolia
(c) S.W Africa
(d) California, USA
Answer: California, USA
17. Which among the following is included in Uruguay’s export ?
(a) Vegetables and fruits
(b) Dry fruits
(c) Alcohol and other beverages
(d) Meat and other animal products
Answer: Meat and other animal products
18. The Great North-South highway of Australia connects two coastal towns, name it?
(a) Nelson, Victoria
(b) Beach Port, South Australia
(c) Darwin; Port Augusta
(d) Penguin, Tasmania
Answer: Darwin; Port Augusta
19. Name the meridian in the International Date Line?
(a) The 180° meridian
(b) The 183° meridian
(c) The 360° meridian
(d) The 90° meridian
Answer: The 180° meridian
20. Drukpas is a religion found particularly in a country. Name it.
21. The George Town is located in which place?
(d) Batu Ferringhi
22. Name the mountain range that stretches across Algeria and Morocco?
(a) Adas Mountains
(b) Ural Mountains
(c) Rocky Mountains
Answer: Adas Mountains
23. Name the mountain range in which Andorra is located?
(d) Appalachian Mountains
24. List out the three major island of the Greater Antilles?
(a) Cuba, Hispaniola, and Jamaica
(b) Cayman Island, Anguilla and St.Barts
(c) St.Barts, St. Thomas and St.Marys
(d) Aruba, Bonaire and Barbados
Answer: Cuba, Hispaniola, and Jamaica
25. Name, with which country does Colombia share its shortest international border?
(a) Costa Rica
26. Among the following ,name the island having Solomon Island being geographically its part and Papua New guinea as its political part.
(d) New Guinea
27. Which Oceanic part has the greatest depth?
(b) Puerto Rico trench
(c) Ring of fire
(d) The Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean
Answer: The Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean
28. The Sagarmata known today is _
29. The country which was earlier called as Siam?
30. Transkei, Venda, and Ciskei are _
(a) Are animal species
(b) Islands with lowest population
(c) Are name of plant species
(d) South African tribal homelands with a degree of self-government
Answer: South African tribal homelands with a degree of self-government
World Geography Quiz Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31. The famous city of Wales is _
32. Madison and Lincoln have something in common ,what is it?
(a) Both have Black hair
(b) Both are state capitals in USA
(c) Both can fly
(d) Both have
Answer: Both are state capitals in USA
33. Which among the following is the South America that is called “the driest place in the world”?
(a) The Atacama Desert, Chile
(b)The Namib Desert, Southern Africa
(c) The Sahara Desert, Northern Africa
(d) The Negev Desert, Southern Israel
Answer: The Atacama Desert, Chile
34. Name the Pacific nation that has a population that is in the majority Indian?
35. Among the following, which is the exact meaning of Selvas?
(a) Dry Deserts
(b) Hot, wet equatorial evergreen forests
(c) Vast Ocean
(d) Dry and swampy areas
Answer: Hot, wet equatorial evergreen forests
36. It is a legendary pass that links Pakistan and Afghanistan?
(a) Khyber Pass
(b) Cilia pass
(c) Kabir Pass
(d) Cyrus Pass
Answer: Khyber Pass
37. Many people living in a part of the world incorrectly called as the Middle East. Name it?
(a) South Asia
(b) South Korea
(c)North Eastern America
(d) West Asia
Answer: West Asia
38. What does Saharwi mean?
(a) Dry winds of desert
(b) The name Western Sahara has been given by those seeking its independence
(c) A Desert Game
(d) Desert mirage at frequent intervals
Answer: The name Western Sahara has been given by those seeking its independence
39. Transylvania is located in which place?
40. Name the Greatest lake of America which is considered holly?
(a) Dal Lake
(b) Lake Superior
(c) Chilika Lake
(d) Lake Michigan
Answer: Lake Michigan
41. Name a state that belongs to southernmost part of Australia?
42. The Madeira and the Negro are of which country?
43. Alice Springs is a _
(a) A village in Indonesia
(b) A famous season type
(c) An elastic device
(d) A town right in the centre of Australia
Answer: A town right in the centre of Australia
44. What do Kuro Siwo, Benguela and Kuro Siwo have in common?
(a) All are ocean currents
(b)All are Glaciers
(c)All are Oceanic coast
Answer: All are ocean currents
45. The island groups called atolls are found in which country region?
46. Name the old capital of the Philippines?
(a) Metro Manila
(d) Quezon City
Answer: Quezon City
47. Malawi was known to be what?
48. The mountainous spine of Italy is called as _
(a) The Apennines
(c) Corno Grande
Answer: The Apennines
49. The Cape Kennedy is known today as?
(a) Everglades 5
(c) Cape Canaveral
(d) Space Coast
Answer: Cape Canaveral
50. In South America ,a part which is considered to be the stormiest is?
(b) The southernmost part of Chile
Answer: The southernmost part of Chile