50 General Knowledge Questions in English with Answers
General Knowledge Questions in English Part 1
1. What type of Ford car was the first to be constructed by mass production, in 1908?
Answer: Model T Ford.
2. Which galaxy is 2.2 million light years away, and the most distant object visible to the naked eye?
3. Which are the plants that grow on marshy land near the seacoast?
Answer: Rhizophora and Avicenniaceae.
4. Which are the most important dissolved gases in an aquatic system?
Answer: Oxygen and carbon dioxide.
5. Which is the most important pyramid in Egypt?
Answer: The Great Pyramid of Giza built by cheops.
6. For excavating solid rocks, the most suitable equipment is:
7. An example of PC application:
Answer: Word processors, Spreadsheet etc.
8. Radar can work day and night irrespective of the nature of weather. Why?
Answer: Radar depends on electro magnetic waves for its functioning.
9. What is the name given to the two zones of charged particles around the Earth’s magnetosphere?
Answer: Van Allen radiation belt.
10. What was the contribution of Egypt in the field of government?
Answer: A well organized monarchy.
11. Which are the plants that grow only in arid regions?
Answer: Cactus, Prickly pear, etc.
12. Which element produced when hydrogen peroxide decomposes?
13. Which substance precipitated when potassium Potassium peroxymonosulfate and potassium iodide solution are heated?
14. The scientist who prepared the electro negativity scale?
Answer: Linus Pauling.
15. One of the greatest mathematicians of the time always used to say, “I desire only tranquility and repose”. Who was he?
Answer: René Descartes.
General Knowledge Questions in English Part 2 (Questions 16-31)
16. Which industries are engaged in the reproduction, breeding and multiplication of certain species of plants and animals?
Answer: Genetic Industry.
17. The output of concrete mixer is usually expressed in cubic meters per _
18. Who were the other powers who invaded Egypt after Alexander?
Answer: The Romans, the Arabs, the Turks, and the British.
19. Who built the first giant-size reflector telescope far back in 1789?
Answer: Sir William Herschel (1738-1822)
20. What is the name given to the first stage in the formation of a star:
21. What helps the development of island and international trade?
22. Who is known as the father of NT operating system?
Answer: David Cutler.
23. Name the two types of complex permanent tissues in plants:
Answer: Xylem and Phloem.
24. How does Jussiaea float on water?
Answer: It has some white spongy side roots to help it to float on water.
25. The first computer graphics used movie is:
Answer: TRON (1982).
26. Which is the speediest and most costly mode of transport?
Answer: Air transport.
27. Who discovered IC chip?
28. Which subsystem provides the MS- DOS machine environment in windows NT?
Answer: A win 32 based application called VDM (Virtual DOS machine).
29. The most suited door for the hospital wards is:
Answer: Sash door.
30. How can we achieve full wave rectification?
Answer: By using two diodes and a suitable transformer or by using four diodes full wave rectification can be achieved.
31. What makes the color of water green?
General Knowledge Questions in English Part 3 (Questions 32-50)
32. Who said, “Mathematics in general is fundamentally the science of self-evident things”?
Answer: Felix Klein.
33. Who invented Rubber tires?
Answer: Thomas Hancock.
34. What make permanent hardness in water?
Answer: Chloride and sulfate.
35. Why did the Egyptians keep the dead bodies embalmed?
Answer: They believed in soul and a life after death.
36. Name an organism having characters of both plants and animals:
37. Who said, “…. the sole end of science is the honor of the human mind…”?
Answer: C.G.J. Jacobi.
38. Which country has the largest road network in the world?
39. As the metals take part in chemical reactions losing electrons and becoming positive ions, they are generally called what?
Answer: Electro positive elements.
40. How does the picture tube help the television system?
Answer: The picture tube is in the TV receiver. It converts the video signals into picture or scenes.
41. Which are the methods to estimate the organic matter content of water?
Answer: Oxidation by chemical or biological means.
42. Who said, “One should always generalize”?
Answer: C.G.J. Jacobi.
43. Who invented Parking meter?
Answer: Carlton C. Magee.
44. What form of transport was initially a form of hobby- horse?
45. Who gave this geometrical axiom, “Any point and any radius determine a circle”?
46. Name the scientist who successfully split uranium atom:
Answer: Otto Hahn.
47. How does a transistor achieve amplification?
Answer: Due to the control of collector current due to the high output resistance compared to the input resistance.
48. Gypsum is added to the cement clinker to:
Answer: Control the flash setting of cement.
49. Which substances increases the rate of dissociation of hydrogen peroxide?
50. Which constellation contains the supergiant star Betelgeuse?