120 Top Online Trivia Questions
Top Online Trivia Questions
Trivia Questions Part 1
1. Who was the author of the book Things Fall Apart
2. Name the Pope that excommunicated Napoleon Bonaparte in 1809?
Pope Pius VII.
3. Before Fidel Castrol, what is the name of the dictator of Cuba?
4. Name the editor of the socialist newspaper Avanti in 1912?
5. The first place to lunch the first space shuttle in 1981 was?
6. Who was the only U.S. Congressman to vote against entering World War II?
7. what is the name of the Kind of England when William Wallace was arrested in 1305?
King Edward I.
8. Anna Jarvis introduced what holiday in 1907?
9. Name the organization founded by William Booth in1865?
The Salvation Army.
10. The United States adopted “The Star Spangled Banner” as its official anthem in what year?
11. According to a popular expression, a person who wishes to surrender says what?
12. The WTO riots in 1999 took place in which city?
13. Name the plane Wilbur Wright flew on the 17th of December, 1903?
14. The Gallipoli Campaign occurred took place in what war?
World War I.
15. What part did Hayden Rorke play on I Dream of Jeannie?
16. During the French and Indian War, who was the Prime Minister of Great Britain?
17. Which scientists studies animals?
18. Charlemagne was born in what year?
19. Which is the world’s longest river?
20. The Louisiana Purchase was completed by the U.S. in what year?
Trivia Questions Part 2
21. Which planets only have one moon?
The Earth and Pluto.
22. Name the country that got its independence from Indonesia in 2002?
23. What black bird was being shipped out of Western Australia as early as 1697?
The Black Swan.
24. Who became the King of Scotland in 1040 after the death of Duncan I?
25. Name Russia’s first Czar?
Ivan the Terrible.
26. According to Greek mythology who was the King of the Gods?
27. What is the name of the largest pyramid in Giza?
The Cheops Pyramid (Great Pyramid; Pyramid of Khufu).
28. In movies, Bride of Chucky is the fourth in a series of films that began with which slasher film?
29. Mansa Musa ruled what empire from 1312-1337?
30. The Chinese leader tasked with the responsibility to begin construction of the Great Wall of China was?
Qin Shi Huang.
31. In advertising, Trix cereal’s mascot is what silly cartoon animal?
32. Name the Longest-serving president in the history of France?
33. In economics, who was chairman of the board of the U.S. Federal Reserve in 2001?
34. Name the presidential nominee in the 1860 election for the Democratic Party?
35. What protein is named after a video game character?
Sonic Hedgehog protein.
36. During the Pearl Harbor attack, the battleship BB-39 that sank was called?
37. Graham’s law deals with …
38. The Three Mile Island nuclear accident took place in what year?
39. Which planet has the longest day, from sunrise to sunrise?
40. Name the thief that committed the first train robbery in world history?
Trivia Questions Part 3
41. The mallard, eider, and canvasback are all examples of which kind of bird?
42. Under which president did Charles Curtis ruse as Vice President of the United States?
43. What is the highest mountain in the world?
44. Name the ruler that sentenced his son Alexi Petrovich to death?
Peter the Great.
45. How many gallons are in a barrel of oil?
The barrel, a standard measure of crude oil, contains 42 U.S. gallons.
46. The Virgin Islands was purchased by the United States from?
47. A collection of hundreds of stars around a common centre is called a:
48. Name United States’ first permanent English settlement?
49. The basic units of living things are:
50. What is the name of the first African American Secretary of State of the United States?
51. Substances that have fast-moving particles that are far apart, and have no definite volume nor shape are:
52. Same-sex marriages were first recognized in which country?
53. The breaking down of rocks into smaller particles such as sand and pebbles is:
54. On the 6th of May, 1937, name the airship that exploded over Lakehurst Naval Air Station?
LZ 129 Hindenburg.
55. What sort of woollen headgear was named after a battle of the Crimean War?
56. Name the person assassinated by Ramon Mercader?
57. What type of coal is brown and fibrous?[CR][CR](Answer: one word.)
58. The Falklands War took place in what year?
59. The United States Marine Corp was founded in what year?
60. A collection of hundreds of stars around a common centre is called a:
Trivia Questions Part 4
61. “Houston, we’ve a problem. We’ve had a Main B bus undervolt.” This statement was mentioned by to Mission Control by which of the Apollo 13 astronaut?
62. The first Attorney General of the United States was?
63. What was the world’s first nuclear powered submarine?
64. Pierre-François Bouchard discovered what historical artifact in 1799?
65. Name the in-flight navigator of Amelia Earhart when her plane disappeared on the 2nd of July, 1937?
66. Which populated place has the highest elevation?
67. The first Medal of Honor was awarded during what war?
U.S. Civil war.
68. What is the name of the U.S. submarine that sand on the 100th of April, 1963?
69. On 23 May 1934 in Bienville Parish, Louisiana, name the couple that got killed by law enforcement?
Bonnie and Clyde.
70. The Battle of Bosworth Field took place during what war?
War of the Roses.
71. Which type of beer is the darkest and strongest?
72. What is the name of the first African American Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court?
73. Dr. Faust sells his soul to the devil in exchange for:
Knowledge and power.
74. Name the individual that piloted the Spruce Goose on its maiden flight?
75. Name the country that Prathiba Patil emerged as the first female president?
76. Who was Fred Astaire’s dancing and singing partner in “Easter Parade”?
77. Name the running mate of Ross Perot in the U.S. Presidential election in 1992?
78. Which battle was fought during the Korean War?
79. Name the first Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court?
80. Name the U.S. state that produced the first female governor?
Trivia Questions Part 5
81. In 1956, Imre Nagy led a revolt in this nation:
82. On June 11, 1962, John Anglin, Clarence Anglin and Frank Morris escaped from?
Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary.
83. Name the first woman to appear on the United States postage stamp?
Queen Isabella of Spain.
84. Which Baroque composer wrote The Four Seasons?
85. The People’s Temple was created by?
86. What is the name of the teacher that violated Tennessee’s Butler Act and was charged to court?
87. Which Italian city is the home of the Bargello art gallery?
88. Gold was discovered in what year in California?
89. Are the Channel Islands part of the United Kingdom?
90. Name the 14th U.S. State to join the union?
91. What is the name of the Apollo 11 astronaut that did not walk on the moon?
92. Bible Trivia : True or false? Sarah and Abraham had the same father.
93. The Battle of Heartbreak Ridge took place during what period?
94. Who was king of England in the year AD1000?
95. The biggest naval battle in world history is?
Battle of Leyte Gulf.
96. What is the name of the 1988 comedy film starring Tom Hanks, about a boy who gets his wish to become a man?
97. In the Punic Wars, Rome fought against?
98. Gavrilo Princip assassinated who in 1914?
Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.
99. Actress Sharon Tate was killed by the Manson Family in what year?
100. Name the Kind of Great Britain during the American Revolution?
King George III.
Trivia Questions Part 6
101. Which president was succeed upon his death by Chester A. Arthur?
James A. Garfield.
102. The Thirty Years’ War ended in what year?
103. Which empire was the last ruled by Atahualpa?
104. The last person to walk on the moon was?
105. What action initially took place during the Pledge of Allegiance instead of the hand over heart?
106. What do you call a grouping of antelope?
107. The Lockerbie bombing took place in what year?
108. How many continents are there?
109. The Klu Klux Klan originated in which of the U.S. state?
110. Grenada was invaded by the U.S. in what year?
111. Name the first college in the U.S that gave admission to female students?
112. What agency in the United States started operation on 1st October, 1958?
113. In what city did the Renaissance begin in?
114. How many Americans were held hostage in Iran on the 4th of November, 1979?
115. The Peloponnesian War began in 431 B.C. and was fought between what two cities?
Sparta and Athens.
116. Name the only British Prime Minister that was assassinated?
117. Name the last emperor of Vietnam?
118. What is the name of the person that names this courtroom, The Jersey Lilly?
Judge Roy Bean.
119. Who was the author of the book ‘Things Fall Apart’
120. Who was the only U.S. Congressman to vote against entering World War II?