Music Quiz Questions and Answers
Music Quiz Questions Part 1
Music Quiz 1 – 10
1) Name the Austrian musician who composed the famous Waltz ‘On the Beautiful, Blue Danube’ in 1866?
Answer: Johann Strauss (the younger)
2) Which eminent German family produced musicians over seven generations?
Answer: Bach family.
3) Name the famous German composer who continued writing musical pieces even after he turned deaf?
Answer: Ludwig Van Beethoven.
4) Name the Russian born musician who composed the ballet ‘The Firebird’ in the year 1910?
Answer: Igor Stravinsky.
5) Which musical instrument is reputed to be the oldest in the world?
Answer: The Drum.
6) Who considered as the father of Ghazals in Indian music?
Answer: Mirza Ghalib.
7) What is the name of the Chinese guitar?
8) The highest attainable male voice in music is called?
9) To which country does the musical stringed instrument ‘Balalaika’ belongs?
10) Which is the national musical instrument of Japan?
Answer: Koto (a kind of zither)
Music Quiz Questions Part 2
Music Quiz 11 – 20
11) Which instrument is a keyboard reed-organ, powered by foot pedals and used in American churches in 1800?
12) Which instrument has 47 strings and seven pedals, and was introduced in to the orchestra in the 19th century?
Answer: Concert harp.
13) Which instrument‘s name translates literally as ‘soft sound’?
Answer: Pianoforte (piano)
14) What were performed at La Scala, Milan and at auditorium in Convent Garden, London?
15) Which composer wrote 27 piano songs, 23 string quarters, 35 violin sonatas and more than 50 symphonies?
16) Which Barodian opera was completed by Rimsky-Korsakov and Glazunov after the composer’s death?
Answer: Prince Igor.
17) What is the title of only one opera of Beethoven?
18) Which symphony did Dvorak write during his time as director of the National Conservatory in New York?
Answer: The ‘New World’ Symphony.
19) For which British king did Handel compose the ‘Water Music’ in 1717?
Answer: George I.
20) Which composer transcribed sound of birds and incorporated it into much of his work?
Music Quiz Questions Part 3
Music Quiz 21 – 30
21) Which British conductor founded ‘The Proms’ in 1895?
Answer: Sir Henry Wood.
22) What was the surname of the Austrian who catalogued Mozart’s works with K-numbers?
23) Who composed the ‘Enigma Variations’?
24) What does the musical term ‘fortissimo’ mean?
Answer: Very loud.
25) Which rock and soul singer’s real name is Annie Mae Bullock?
Answer: Tina Turner.
26) Charlie Watts, the drummer belong to which group?
Answer: The Rolling Stones.
27) What was the title of Paul Simon’s record which topped the album charts in 1986?
28) What is the stage name of the rock singer Reg Dwight?
Answer: Elton John.
29) Which Canadian singer/song writer recorded the albums ‘Blue’ and ‘Hejira’ ?
Answer: Joni Mitchell.
30) Which English rock group had a stage show that often ended up with them destroying their instruments?
Answer: The Who.