Math Quiz Questions Instruments and Machines in Mathematics
1) Which is the instrument that measures angles, sideways, or up and down for making maps?
2) Which device is employed only for multiplying and dividing numbers?
Answer: Slide rule.
3) Which is the instrument employed for drawing large circles?
Answer: Beam compass.
4) Which is the instrument commonly used for measuring angles?
Answer: Angles Protractor.
5) Which device is used for measuring the area of an irregular plane figure?
6) Which is the instrument is used for measuring the angle of sun above the horizon?
7) Which instrument is used for measuring the curvature of a surface?
8) Which is the mechanic device employed for determining areas under curves?
9) Which is believed to be the most ancient device used for calculation purpose?
10) Which is the instrument employed for drawing straight lines?
Answer: Straight edge.
11) What is the instrument employed to measure the angle a star makes with the horizon?
12) Napier’s bone’s was a device _?
Answer: For multiplying, dividing and taking square roots of numbers.
13) Which is the calculating machine that caught the imagination of the public and convinced it of the arrival of an “electronic brain”?
Answer: Harvard Mark I
14) Who built the first logic machine which could solve problems in formal logic?
Answer: Charles Stanhope.
15) He built the first workable logic machine which could solve a problem faster than a human being. Who is he?
Answer: William Stanley Jevons.
16) Which is the first code breaking machine?
17) Who built the first automatic calculating machine?
Answer: Howard H. Alken.
18) Which is the device popular from the time of ancient Egypt for generating random numbers?
Answer: Cubical dice.
19) Who built the first calculating machine that solved different equations?
Answer: Vannevar Bush.
20) Which game did a thinking machine play for the first time?
21) It is an imaginary yet profound machine composed simply of a tape and a scanner. What is it?
Answer: Turing machine.