Literature Quiz Questions with Answers – How Well Do You Know Literature?
1. What ‘I’ Is The Chinese Book Of Divination?
2. Who wrote the poems “Ozymandias” and “Ode to the West Wind”?
3. What ‘TOTH’ Is A. A. Milne’s Play Taken From A Book By Kenneth Grahame?
Toad Of Toad Hall
4. What book about four days in Iowa took Robert J. Waller two weeks to write, and topped bestseller lists for seven months?
The Bridges of Madison County
5. Which comic actor and writer co-wrote the book “Life and How to Survive It”?
6. What town was the birthplace of William Shakespeare?
7. Who wrote Myra Breckinridge, Lincoln and Julian?
8. What ‘N’ Is The Bird Keats Wrote An Ode To?
9. What Was The Only Novel To Be Written By Margaret Mitchell?
Gone With The Wind
10. Which Author Created The Sleuths Miss Jane Marple And Hercule Poirot?
11. Which 4 letter word for having sex first appeared in a dictionary in 1986?
Bonk – not the obvious one!
12. Which ‘JE’ Is Governess To The Ward Of Mr Rochester, In The Book Bearing Her Name?
13. How Many Sonnets Did William Shakespeare Write?
14. Which Authors First (Unsuccessful) Book Was Inland Voyage?
Robert Louis Stevenson
15. Who wrote “An Outcast of the Islands”?
16. Who Wrote Charlie And The Chocolate Factory?
17. In Which Thomas Hardy Novel Does The Character BathSheba Everdene Appear?
Far From The Madding Crowd
18. Who Wrote The Science Fiction Novel Slaughterhouse Five?
19. What seven words provide the opening line of the Shakespeare play Richard III?
Now is the winter of our discontent
20. Which Group Of Fans Are The Only Ones To Be Mentioned In The Oxford English Dictionary?
21. Who Wrote The Novel Invisible Man In 1952?
Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. John Ridd is the male lead in which book with a girl’s name as its title?
23. Which Great Book Was Started In Bedford Jail In 1675?
The Pilgrim’s Progress
24. The Authorised Version Of The Holy Bible Was Made At The Order Of Which King?
James The First (1611)
25. Which novel opens with the words, ‘Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again … ”
Online Literature Quiz Questions and Answers 2017 – 2018
26. Who Wrote About A Pig Called The Empress Of Blandings?
P G Wodehouse
27. Whose 1995 Novel The Moor’s Last Sigh Enraged Hindu Militants In
28. Which County Shares Its Name With The First Name Of An English Author?
29. What title is held by Shakespeare’s Cymbeline?
King of Britain
30. Excluding The Word Hawaii What Is The Only Word In The English Dictionary That Has A Double Ii?
Skiing (Possibly Radii)
31. Who wrote her memoirs in “What Falls Away”?
32. Who wrote the play Happy Days in 1961?
33. Who wrote a cookery book called “Keeping lt Simple”?
34. What is the term used to denote the unauthorized and illegal accessing of computer programs, often with criminal intent?
35. Who Wrote The Novel Bonfire Of The Vanities?
36. What ‘W’ Is The Name By Which Mr Collins, Who Wrote ‘The Woman In White’, Is Known?
37. What Pen Name Was Adopted For The Book ‘Bravo Two Zero’?
38. What ‘E’ Was A Greek Dramatist Who Wrote Some Eighty Plays?
39. What is the first book in the New Testament?
Gospel of Matthew
40. Which playwright wrote “Barefoot in the Park” and “The Odd Couple”?
41. What ‘Gem’ Is The Strange Looking Creature That Jealousy Is Described As In Shakespeare’s Othello!?
Green Eyed Monster
42. Who wrote the long-running West End play ‘The Mousetrap’?
43. Which Shakespeare Play Concerns The Two Old Friends Valentine And Proteus’ Love For The Beautiful Julia?
The Two Gentlemen Of Verona
44. Who’s First Book Was Pebble In The Sky?
45. What book was the best-seller of the year in America in 1794?
Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography, which had been published in England the year before – three years after his death
46. Who Wrote That ‘The Female Of The Species Is Deadlier Than The Male?’?
47. Who Wrote Servants Of The Wankh In 1969?
48. What ‘D’ Is The Setting For Shakespeare’s Hamlet?
49. Who wrote plays with a political theme such as “The Little Foxes”?
50. In What Book Does Humpty Dumpty First Appear?
Through The Looking Glass