Human Body Biology Quiz Questions
Improve Your Biology Knowledge
1) How many bones are there in the Spinal Column?
Answer: 33 bones
2) Which gland in the human body is referred to as the gland of emergency with triple F-fight, flight and fright?
Answer: Adrenal gland. It is situated above the kidneys
3) What name is given to two tubes which lead from the wind pipe to the lungs?
4) What is the capacity of the human stomach?
Answer: Approximately four pints
5) Which gland in the body secretes the hormone cortisone?
Answer: The adrenal gland
6) Which part of your body stops moving if you suffer from ‘athetosis’?
Answer: Fingers and toes
7) Which part of the human body is affected in the disease called ‘Glaucoma’?
8) What is the amount of blood ejected by the ventricles in one minute?
Answer: 5 liters
9) Which blood group did the first people belong to?
Answer: It belongs to group O
10) How much blood circulates on an average in the body of an adult human being?
Answer: About 5 liters of blood
11) Which prevents the bleeding of gums?
Answer: Ascorbic acid
12) What is the volume of brain of an average human being?
Answer: 1500 cubic centimeter
13) Which human bones, connected with head?
14) Which human bones connected with neck?
15) What ailment is caused by the blockage of blood vessel by a blood clot?
Learn Biology and Win Quizzes 3
16) What is the importance of cholesterol in our body?
Answer: Cholesterol is essential to the body for the metabolism of fats and Vitamin D
17) What is the average heart-beat in a human body per minute?
18) What is the function of the kidneys in the human body?
Answer: To filter the nitrogenous waste from the blood and to secrete it in the form of urine
19) What is the circulatory system in the body?
Answer: Arteries and veins
20) What causes Pneumonia?
21) Write about Arteries Vessels:
Answer: Arteries are the vessels which take away blood from the heart to the various parts of the body
22) What are the functions of veins?
Answer: Veins are the vessels which carry blood to the heart from various parts of the body
23) What does the nervous system contain?
Answer: It contains the brain, nerves and the spinal cord
24) How many bones are the contents of the entire frame work of the human body?
Answer: 206 bones
25) Which gland is associated with Goiter?
Answer: Thyroid gland
26) What are the three types of muscles found in human body?
Answer: Voluntary, involuntary and cardiac muscles
27) Where is heart located?
Answer: On the left side of the chest
28) What is the duration of digestion in the small intestine in the human body?
Answer: Approximately 12 hours
29) Which gland produces hormones in human body?
Answer: Endocrine glands
30) Which gland controls the endocrine gland?
Answer: Pituitary gland