General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Online 2017
General Knowledge – GK Quiz – 1
1) What was the original name of Constantinople?
2) What is the name for the mapped hexagonal geographic areas that make up the cellular phone grid?
3) The last letter of the Greek alphabet is:
4) In which country was Saïd Taghmaoui born?
5) What is the name for a computer pointing device?
6) What is the largest joint in the human body?
7) Which of these peoples once ruled Norway?
8) What does the “SIM” in SIM card stand for?
Subscriber Identity Module
9) Which type of menswear is associated with swing jazz?
10) In the film Pan’s Labyrinth, what is the little girl named?
11) How many languages did the Indians of pre-Columbian South America speak?
12) Who was known as the Iron Chancellor?
Otto von Bismarck
13) The smallest bone in the human body is the:
14) When was the first Nobel Prize in economics awarded?
15) What does VoIP stand for?
Voice over Internet Protocol
16) How many months was the Pony Express, the pioneer mail service in the Wild West, operational?
17) Through what country did Lady Godiva ride?
18) What eminent scientist hosted the television show Cosmos?
19) Human bone is made of the mineral:
20) Which manufacturing company produced the first camera phone, called the J-Phone, that could send photos over a cellular network?
General Knowledge – GK Quiz Part 2
21) How many computer languages are in use?
22) From what language do French and Spanish come?
23) Where were the Aegean Bronze Age civilizations located?
24) When did the Irish Famine take place?
25) Which telephone company introduced the first mobile telephone service (MTS), in 1946?
AT&T (American Telephone and Telegraph Company)
26) In which of these countries did manga originate?
27) Which structure was destroyed in the September 11 terrorist attacks?
The World Trade Center
28) What does the Internet prefix WWW stand for?
World Wide Web
29) From which plant is the poison ricin derived?
30) Who was the architect who rebuilt London after the Great Fire of 1666?
Sir Christopher Wren
31) How many republics made up the former Soviet Union?
32) In The Wizard of Oz, who played the Wicked Witch of the West?
33) What language does a Cajun speak?
34) Which large reptile was recently discovered to be venomous?
35) Where is the tibia found?
36) Where was Abraham Lincoln assassinated?
In a theater
37) When did Switzerland officially gain its independence?
38) Who founded Apple Computer?
39) From which language does the motto of the United States come?
40) In what year was King John forced to sign the first Magna Carta?
General Knowledge Quiz Answers Part – 3
41) What is the name of the structure used by jellyfish to administer poison?
42) Which of these battles did not involve Roman soldiers?
43) What is the most commonly broken bone in the human body?
44) Which of these battles involved Huns?
45) Who is the voice of Remy the Rat in Ratatouille?
46) With which fictional poison was King Joffrey assassinated in Game of Thrones?
47) Who was the first British Prince of Wales to learn the Welsh language?
48) Which famous fashion designer ushered in the New Look for women’s-wear in the late 1940s?
49) What was New York called before it was New York?
50) What is the language spoken in Bhutan called?
51) From where are the defensive toxins used by poison dart frogs derived?
52) Who designed the Vietnam Veterans Memorial?
53) What country was Vasco da Gama from?
54) For what is Wedgwood china named?
55) A duffle coat is fastened with what?
Toggles and loops
56) What is the name of the poison responsible for fatalities in those who consume improperly prepared puffer fish?
57) What animal often symbolizes peace in art?
58) Who was Karl Marx’s associate and fellow political theoretician?
59) Which of these was not a British prime minister?
John Maynard Keynes
60) What was the name of Franz Ferdinand’s assassin?
General Knowledge Online Quiz Part 4
61) Which fashion designer is credited with having launched the skinny silhouette for menswear in the 2000s?
62) The toxin of which plant was once used by women to dilate their pupils for cosmetic purposes?
63) What kind of animal is a grunt?
64) What kind of fish is not referred to as scrod?
65) Early photographers made their images on which of these materials?
66) A network designed to allow communication within an organization is called:
67) What scientist was British industrialist Josiah Wedgwood related to?
68) Where would you most likely find crinoline?
Under a woman’s skirt
69) What animal did William F. Cody’s Wild West show introduce to audiences in London?
70) Which architect founded the Bauhaus school of design?
71) Why does the boomslang snake need to chew its venom into its prey in order for it to deliver a sufficient dose?
Its fangs are short and in the rear of the mouth.
72) Who was the uncle of King Richard II?
John of Gaunt
73) How much of Earth’s surface is covered by ocean?
74) What kind of animal is a bongo?
75) The name for which type of pants originated in Genoa, Italy?
76) Which Indian president was involved in the struggle for Irish independence?
77) What did I.M. Pei design outside the Louvre, in Paris?
78) What is a taiga?
Northern boreal forest
79) Mercantile theory holds that colonies best serve their mother country by providing what?
80) What kind of animal is a matamata?
General Knowledge Quiz Part – 5
81) Which term describes a dress with a triangular silhouette?
82) What major airline began as a crop-dusting service?
83) To which artistic movement does Paul Gauguin’s The Yellow Christ belong?
84) The mandible is located in the:
85) Which book was written by Niccolò Machiavelli?
86) A garment wrapped around the body and tucked in at the waist or the armpits is called what?
87) What kind of animal is a silverside?
88) Which of these is a paint made from pigments and plastic?
89) What nickname is given to the period preceding the Great Depression in America?
The Roaring Twenties
90) Which of these typically features a layer of permafrost?
91) The paper dress was a short-lived fad in which decade?
92) How many bones does an adult human have?
93) What was the subject of the earliest known paintings?
94) What kind of animal is a thickknee?
95) Of what country was Simón Bolívar president?
96) The clothing trend exemplified by black clothing, dark makeup, and black-dyed hair is called what?
97) How many stars are there in the American flag?
98) Where can you find kelp forests?
North Pacific Ocean
99) What does the Venus of Brassempouy represent?
A woman’s head
100) What kind of animal is a gourami?