General Knowledge Latest Quiz with Answers – Learn GK and Improve Your General Knowledge
General Knowledge Latest Quiz with Answers Part 1
1. What is the name for this punctuation mark: &?
2. The Niagara Falls is at the boundary between Ontario and which US state?
3. Which island was the only home of the Dodo?
4. In which film did actor Chiwetel Ejiofor play Solomon Northup?
12 Years a Slave
5. Fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine and astatine comprise which periodic table group?
6. In which US state were both basketball and volleyball invented? Texas, Nebraska, South Carolina, or Massachusetts?
7. In response to which novel did Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini issue a fatwā against Salman Rushdie?
The Satanic Verses
8. Which American President oversaw the Louisiana Purchase?
9. What is the principle ingredient of guacamole?
10. Which city generates the largest gambling revenue? Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Macau, or Reno?
General Knowledge Latest Quiz with Answers Part 2
1. Which website was founded by Jimmy Wales and Larry Sanger? Twitter, Wikipedia, eBay, or YouTube?
2. On which Hawaiian island is Honolulu situated?
3. Which number on the Beaufort scale designates “Hurricane force”?
4. What 2014 film, directed by Richard Linklater, depicts twelve years in the life of Mason Evans?
5. In mathematics, what name is given to the following sequence of numbers: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13…?
The Fibonacci sequence
6. How long is each quarter in American football?
7. What name did Balzac give his novel sequence? The Divine Comedy; The Human Comedy; The Odyssey; or The Divine Tragedy?
The Human Comedy
8. Which country became the first independent nation in the Caribbean in 1804?
9. Which band has four albums in the top ten of Rolling Stone Magazine’s greatest all-time albums list?
10. What colour are the two most expensive properties in Monopoly?
General Knowledge Latest Quiz with Answers Part 3
1. Which letter is represented in Morse code by a single dash?
2. Which American state is divided into the three counties: Kent, Sussex and New Castle?
3. The vampire finch of the Galapagos Islands feeds on the blood of other living birds. True or False?
4. In which film does Andy Dufresne say “I guess it comes down to a simple choice: get busy living, or get busy dying.”?
The Shawshank Redemption
5. In computing, what does the abbreviation USB stand for?
Universal Serial Bus
6. What shape is the field in Australian rules football? Rectangular, Oval, Square, or Circular?
7. Which language were Vladimir Nabokov’s Pale Fire, Pnin and Lolita originally written in?
8. What was the last country in the western world to abolish slavery?
Brazil (in 1888)
9. If the 4th is “Tragic”, the 6th “Little” and the 9th “Great”. What is the 8th?
“Unfinished”. They are names of symphonies by Schubert.
10. In what field are Breguet and Patek Philippe famous names?
General Knowledge Latest Quiz with Answers Part 4
1. The Chinese New Year can fall in which two months of the Gregorian calendar?
January and February
2. Medellín, Cali and Barranquilla are the second, third and fourth largest cities in which country?
3. The tibia is larger and stronger than the fibula. True or False?
4. Who informs Daniel LaRusso “Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.”?
Mr. Miyagi (in The Karate Kid)
5. The thorny dragon (or thorny devil) is a lizard native to which country?
6. GS, GA, WA, C, GD and WD are abbreviations for positions in which sport?
Netball ( GS: Goal Shooter, GA: Goal Attack, WA: Wing Attack, C: Centre, GD: Goal Defence, WD: Wing Defence)
7. Who built a cabin near Walden Pond and wrote, “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life…”? Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, or Walt Whitman?
Henry David Thoreau
8. What territory did Britain gain as a result of the First Opium War?
9. What is the meaning of the musical direction rallentando?
10. Parejo, Perfecto and Presidente are common shapes of what object?
General Knowledge Latest Quiz with Answers Part 5
1. Which country does Nutella come from?
Italy (it is manufactured by Ferrero in the Piedmont region)
2. Which modern day Egyptian city is home to The Valley of the Kings?
3. What is by far the heaviest living species of bird?
4. In which film does actor Jim Carey deliver the line, “In case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!”?
The Truman Show
5. How many paintings did Van Gogh sell during his lifetime? Zero, One, Two, or Three?
One (Red Vineyard at Arles)
6. The winners of which competition are awarded the Webb Ellis Cup?
The Rugby World Cup
7. Complete the quotation from Ernest Hemingway: “All modern American literature comes from one book by Mark Twain called…” Huckleberry Finn
8. Which was the only European power allowed to trade with Japan during the Sakoku period?
9. Which Harry Potter book has a two-part film adaptation? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
10. What are Koh-i-Nur, Hope, and Cullinan?
Read: GK Quiz