Environment Quiz Questions and Answers
Environment Quiz Questions Part 1
Environment Quiz 1 – 10
1) Which are the main factors that decide the conditions of environment?
Answer: Temperature, pressure, wind velocity and humidity of atmosphere.
2) What once covered 14% of the earth’s land area, but by 1991 over half had been destroyed?
Answer: Rain forest.
3) Which environmental pressure group was founded in the UK in 1971?
Answer: Friends of the earth.
4) Which is called the farmers friends?
5) Which is the world’s largest type of earth worm?
Answer: The South African Giant Earthworm.
6) Rain or other forms of precipitation containing acid formed by industrial pollutants is called _?
Answer: Acid Rain.
7) What is BOD?
Answer: Biochemical Oxygen Demand.
8) This layer absorbs 99% of sun’s ultraviolet radiations which are very harmful for animals and plants. So this layer is called a shield to the earth. Name this layer.
Answer: Ozone layer.
9) Which is the worst disaster from a nuclear power plant?
Answer: Chernobyl, Russia (April 1986)
10) What is the effect of acid rain on the soil?
Answer: The soil becomes acidic which reduces the growth of crops.
Environment Quiz Questions Part 2
Environment Quiz 11 – 20
11) What is dispensed from the green pump, and must be used if a car has a catalytic converter?
Answer: Unleaded petrol.
12) Which country produces the world’s largest quantity of municipal waste per person per year at over five-sixths of a ton?
13) What was the original of the British Green Party when it was formed in 1973?
Answer: The Ecology Party.
14) What contributes to the greenhouse effect at lower atmospheric levels?
15) Which color is used as the sign of conservation and environment?
16) What kind of satellite makes the global studies of the environment?
Answer: Meteorological Satellites.
17) Which is the city most affected by the air pollution in the world?
Answer: Tokyo, Japan.
18) What is the main factor responsible for ozone layer depletion?
Answer: The use of chlorofluorocarbon by man.
19) Which is the world famous monument of India is affected by air pollution from a nearby factory?
Answer: Taj Mahal, Agra.
20) This is a combination of smoke and industrial fog. Name this.
Environment Quiz Questions Part 3
Environment Quiz 21 – 30
21) What is the name for land in the Britain officially designated ‘not to be built on but to be preserved as open space’?
Answer: Green belt.
22) What describes all the species protected by the CITES agreement?
Answer: Endangered species.
23) What is caused by the release of sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere?
Answer: Acid rain.
24) Which capital city has less green space than any other European capital and severe air pollution that is destroying the classical buildings?
Answer: Athens, Greece.
25) Which highly polluted Italian river discharges 234 tons of arsenic into the sea a year?
Answer: River po.
26) How can we reduce the pollution by smoke from factories?
Answer: By using electrostatic filters in the chimneys of factories.
27) Name the general term used to mean all the plants and fish thatcher live in water.
Answer: Aquatic living beings.
28) When the environment is unhealthy and unsafe to living and non-living things, what’s the condition usually known as?
29) Those animals which are active during day are called?
Answer: Diurnal animals.
30) Those animals which sleep in the day and actively move round during the night are called?
Animals: Nocturnal animals.