Current Affairs and General Knowledge – 15 July 2017 – News Headlines
Current Affairs and News Headlines – 15 July 2017
India tops global index of countries with most confidence in their government. India has topped in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) Government at a Glance 2017 report. It states that Narendra Modi led NDA coalition has secured 73% trust of people, highest in the world.
Delhi Industries Minister Satyendar Jain appointed as new chairperson cum managing director of the Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (DSIIDC).
World Youth Skills Day 2017 observed globally. The World Youth Skills Day was established by the United Nations (UN) General Assembly on 11 November 2014.
India, European Union establish Investment Facilitation Mechanism. India and European Union (EU) have established Investment Facilitation Mechanism (IFM) for EU Investments in India. The mechanism will allow for a close coordination between EU and India with an aim to promote and facilitate EU investment in India.
The Chinese activist and Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo died at the age of 61. The country’s most famous political prisoner was being treated for terminal liver cancer in a heavily-guarded hospital in north-east China.
Railways Minister dedicates country’s first solar powered DEMU train to nation. India’s first 1600 HP solar-powered DEMU train was launched from Safdarjung railway station. It will run from Sarai Rohilla in Delhi to Farukh Nagar in Haryana.
Raipur Airport ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index Survey. Raipur’s Swami Vivekananda Airport was ranked first in Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Survey among 49 airports in the country. It has achieved 4.84 score on a five point scale index.
The United States House of Representatives passed an amendment to National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), 2018, a $621.5 billion defence expenditure bill to advance defence cooperation with India. India related amendment in the bill was adopted by a voice vote in the House by 344-81.
India’s Sundar Singh Gurjar wins gold medal at World Para Athletics. India’s Sundar Singh Gurjar (21) won gold medal in the men’s javelin throw event at World Para Athletics Championships held in London, United Kingdom. In the F46 category, Sundar recorded his personal best effort of 60.36m ahead of Dinesh Priyantha Herath (Sri Lanka) who emerged second with 57.93m, followed by defending champion Guo Chunliang (China) with 56.14m.
India’s first solar powered DEMU train launched. Indian Railways launched India’s first solar powered diesel multiple units (DEMU) broad gauge trains. It is 1600 Horse Power (HP) train with all solar powered coaches. The train will run from Sarai Rohilla in Delhi to Farukh Nagar in Haryana.
Current Affairs and General Knowledge Quiz Questions with Answers – July 15, 2017
1. Which country has renamed part of the South China Sea as the North Natuna Sea?
2. Which country did the United States House of Representatives passes Bill on defence co-operation ?
3. Bastille Day is celebrated in __________.
4. The second Australia-India Cyber Policy Dialogue was held on 13 July 2017 in
C) New Delhi
5. Indian Railways has launched an integrated mobile app “Rail Saarthi” for railway passengers. What does “Saarthi” stands for?
A) Synergised Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information
B) Synchronic Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information
C) Synchronous Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information
D) Synergic Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information
6. Which prize did the India’s Sundar Singh Gurjar at World Para Athletics ?
7. Which bank received $150 million funding from the United States Government?
A) HDFC Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Yes Bank
D) Canara Bank
8. Government of this state has formed the Saputara Area Development Authority (SADA) for “comprehensive development” of its only hill station in tribal populated district of Dang.
D) Madhya Pradesh
9. Who has been appointed the new brand ambassador of the Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC)?
A) Shafqat Kha
B) Bilal Dar
C) Altaf Bukhari
D) Choudhary Sukhandan
10. Which country did the Liu Xiaobo belongs to ?
1. C) Indonesia
2. A) India
3. A) France
4. B) Canberra
5. A) Synergised Advanced Application Rail Travel Help and Information
6. A) Gold
7. C) Yes Bank
8. C) Gujarat
9. B) Bilal Dar
10. A) China