Computer Communication Quiz Questions and Answers
1) What is used for computer communication between users?
2) What refers to the processed of creating messages and answers?
3) Moving of messages of from originator to recipient is called?
4) What are special test messages consisting of empty envelopes?
5) The message transfer agents and presentation layer together called?
Answer: Message transfer system.
6) A technology used for transferring email is called?
Answer: Message Handling System (MHS)
7) A special characteristics of all email systems is?
Answer: Speed in delivery of mail messages.
Optical Data Storage and Communication
8) The technology related to light for data storage is?
Answer: Optical data storage.
9) Which is an optical disk?
10) Which beam is commonly used for optical data storage?
11) The smallest version of optical disk can store?
Answer: 550 Megabytes.
12) The electronic systems that transfer data from one point to another are called?
Answer: Data communication system.
13) Which is the most commonly used transmission medium in optical data transmission system?
Answer: Optical fibre.
14) What are main parts of optical fibre?
Answer: Core, Cladding, and plastic sheath.
15) What are two chances for loss of data in optical fibre?
Answer: Absorption and scattering.
16) Why optical fibres are used in military applications?
Answer: Due to high security.
17) ISDN stands for?
Answer: Integrated Services Digital Networks.
18) The two types of ISDN available are?
Answer: BRI and PRI.
19) The key idea behind the ISDN is?
Answer: Digital Bit Pipe.
20) The two types of communication channels are used in ISDN are?
Answer: B channel and D channel.
21) Which type of ISDN is used for big data transfer?
Answer: PRI (Primary Rate Interface)
22) What are the two types of signaling used in ISDN?
Answer: DSS 1 and SS 7.
23) The unique feature of combining B channel is referred to as?
Answer: Inverse multiplexing.
24) The device which translates signaling from non ISDN TE2 called?
Answer: TA (Terminal Adapter)
25) In numeric pagers what type of messages can be received?
Answer: Numeric type.
26) In operator assisted paging systems who act as a link between the calling party and the called party?
27) What happens when a new message is identical to stored message?
Answer: A ‘Duplicate’ prompt.
28) What is the main disadvantage of PAGER?
Answer: It is only a one way communication system.
29) When was the first paging system used?
Answer: In 1957.
30) Which type of paging system two parties are directly linked?
Answer: Automatic paging system.