Chemistry Quiz Questions Atomic Structure
Chemistry Atomic Structure Part 1
Chemistry Quiz Questions 1-10
1) Which quantum number gives the shape of the orbital?
Answer: Azimuthal quantum number.
2) What is the maximum capacity of d-orbital?
Answer: 10 electrons.
3) What is the shape of s-orbital?
4) What do you mean by Zeeman Effect?
Answer: Splitting of spectral lines by magnetic field.
5) What is the shape of p-orbital?
6) Which series of hydrogen atomic spectrum lies in the visible region?
Answer: Balmer series.
7) Who proposed elliptical orbits?
8) How many atomic orbitals are known? What are they?
Answer: Four. S, p, d, and f.
9) What is the maximum number of electrons that can be accommodated in an orbital?
10) How many orbitals present 5f subshell?
Chemistry Atomic Structure Part 2
Chemistry Quiz Questions 11-20
11) On which property of electrons does the electron microscope work?
Answer: Wave nature.
12) The element with the minimum atomic number having 8 electrons in the outer most shell is what?
13) The s-orbital of the L shell is represented as what?
14) What is the maximum number of electrons in principal energy level?
Answer: K-2, L-8, M-18, N-32
15) What is the atomic number of the element which has 3 electrons in its M shell?
16) Which atom has only one electron?
17) The path of the electron according to Niels Bohr’s theory was called what?
Answer: Orbit shell.
18) How many electrons can be accommodated in the M shell?
19) An electron jumps in to the next lower orbit when loses what?
Answer: One quantum of energy.
20) How many orbitals are there in p-subshell?
Chemistry Atomic Structure Part 3
Chemistry Quiz Questions 21-30
21) The various orbitals of the same subshell will differ in what?
Answer: In their direction orientation.
22) Electron is looked upon as a cloud of negative charge according to what?
Answer: Wave-mechanics theory.
23) The subshell consisting of dumb-bell shaped orbitals is known as what?
24) The region of space around the nucleus where there is a high probability of finding an electron is called what?
25) The major shell-wise electronic configuration of element with the atomic number 15 is what?
Answer: 2, 8, 5
26) Who put forward the principle of uncertainty?
Answer: Werner Heisenberg.
27) When electron leaves an orbital and jumps in to another?
Answer: When its energy changes.
28) The electronic configuration of an atom is 2, 8, and 2. What is its atomic number?
29) What do you mean by orbitals?
Answer: They are regions of space around the nucleus where the probability of finding an electron is maximum.
30) What are the integers used to express the energy, posit, etc. of an electron?
Answer: Quantum numbers.
Chemistry Atomic Structure Part 4
Chemistry Quiz Questions 31-40
31) What do you mean by orbitals?
Answer: They are regions of space around the nucleus where the probability of finding an electron is maximum
Answer: 32) What are the integers used to express the energy, position etc. of an electron?
Answer: Quantum numbers
33) Which are the major shells that do not possess f – subshell?
Answer: The major shells K, L, and M do not have f subshell
34) The atomic number of potassium is 19. The sub-shell-wise electronic configuration of its atom is what?
Answer: Is2, 2s2, 2p6, 3s2, 3p6, 4s1
35) The major shell which does not possess p-orbitals is what?
36) What is the principle in the order of the filling of electrons in the atoms?
Answer: The principle is that the orbitals of the lower energy levels are filled up before an electron enters an orbital of a higher energy
37) The principle stating that the position and momentum of a sub-atomic particle cannot be determined simultaneously is called what?
Answer: Uncertainty principle
38) What do you mean by Avogadro’s number?
Answer: Number of particles in one mole of any substance
39) What is the minimum angular momentum of an electron?
40) The wave nature of electron was suggested by whom?
Chemistry Atomic Structure Part 5
Chemistry Quiz Questions 41-52
41) Which electron has least energy?
Answer: ‘K’ electrons
42) 2p, 3s, 3d, 4s of these which one has highest energy?
43) The 3p orbital is completely filled in what?
44) What is meant by sub-energy levels?
Answer: Sub-energy levels or subshells are groups or orbitals having a particular shape
45) The outermost five electrons of an atom are in 2p orbitals. Its atomic number is what?
46) The atom which has 4s1 electron in its outermost shell is that of what?
47) In the formula 2n2, n denotes what?
Answer: Number of orbit
48) The number of electrons in oxygen atom is what?
49) How much is the electronic configuration of helium?
50) The number of orbitals present in Sodium atom is what?
51) How much is the maximum number of orbitals present in N shell?
52) What is the total number of ‘p’ electrons present in an element having atomic number 19?
Answer: 12 ‘p’ electrons (2p6 + 3p6 )