Biology Quiz Questions Plant Kingdom
Biology Quiz Part 1
1) What are seedless plants called?
2) What is Dendrology?
Answer: The study of trees called Dendrology.
3) Energy is converted from sunlight and released by what?
4) Name the process by which plants prepare their food.
5) What is Tonoplast?
Answer: Tonoplast is the membrane around the plant vacuoles.
6) What is the other name of root cap?
7) What is Anemophily?
Answer: It is the pollination by wind.
8) What is pollination?
Answer: The transference of pollen grain from the another of a flower to the stigma is known as pollination.
9) What is Clinostat?
Answer: Clinostat is an apparatus used to demonstrate photoperiodism.
10) Name the process by which terrestrial plant loses water?
11) What is the term used for the occurrence of more than one type of morphologically different leaves on the same plant?
12) In which country the hormone gibberellin was discovered?
13) Name the natural process involving loss of water from a plant in the form of liquid drops.
14) What is the technical name of the natural opening in the leaves meant for gaseous exchange?
15) What are Heliophytes and Sciophytes?
Answer: Heliophytes are plants that grow in full sunlight, Sciophytes are plants that grow in shade.
Biology Quiz Part 2
16) Name the four insectivorous plants.
Answer: 1. Drosera, 2. Dionaea, 3. Aldrovanda, 4. Utricularia.
17) What is the color of Carotene?
18) What is the source of chemical energy during photosynthesis?
Answer: Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
19) What is the shape of chloroplast in spirogyra?
Answer: Ribbon shaped.
20) Which plant has the lifespan of 4000 years?
21) Name the organelle where photosynthesis takes place?
22) What are the three kinds of plastids?
Answer: 1. Leucoplasts, 2. Chloroplasts, 3. Chromoplasts.
23) What is the other name for Nastic movement?
Answer: Sleep movement.
24) What is cladode?
Answer: The modification of stem to carry the function of leaf is called cladode. Example: Opuntia.
25) What is the male reproductive part of the flower known as?
26) Name the instrument used to demonstrate geotropism?
27) What are the types of flagella noticed in Algae?
Answer: Whiplash, Tinsel.
28) What are Atrichous bacteria?
Answer: Bacteria which do not have flagella are called Atrichous bacteria.
29) What are the other names for dark reaction of photosynthesis?
Answer: Blackman’s reaction or Calvin cycle.
30) What is the most common nutritive tissue for the developing embryos in angiosperm known as?