120 Biology Quiz Questions Answers – Learn about Biology – Latest Biology General Knowledge Quiz
Biology Quiz Questions Nature and Scope of Biology Part 1
Biology Quiz 1 – 10
1) What is ecosystem?
Answer: The entire living community and non-living factors of the environment together from the ecosystem.
2) Which form of science dealing with the study of structural and cultural traits of human beings?
3) What are the two functional groups in an ecosystem?
Answer: Autotrophs and heterotrophs.
4) Where does the primary photo chemical reaction occur in chloroplast?
5) What is exobiology?
Answer: It is the study of life in outer space.
6) What is the magnification of an electron microscope?
7) Which is the monocarpic plant which shows gregarious flowering once in 48 years?
8) Write an example of serendipity.
Answer: Discovery of penicillin by Fleming.
9) What do you mean by Hydroponics?
Answer: Plant growth in liquid culture medium.
10) What is the technique of separation of disrupted cell components?
Biology Quiz Questions Nature and Scope of Biology Part 2
Biology Test 11 – 20
11) What is EM?
Answer: Electron microscope.
12) Name two monocarpic plants which show gregarious flowering.
Answer: Bambusa tulda, Melocanna bambusoides.
13) Under what system, organisms are provided with scientific means?
Answer: Binomial nomenclature.
14) What is the name of that branch of Biology which devoted to identifying, naming and classifying organisms?
15) Who was the author of ‘Man’s place in nature’?
16) Both living and the non-living are made of same elements and are governed by the similar physical laws. In which respect are they different?
Answer: Level organization.
17) Expand the TMV.
Answer: Tobacco Mosaic Virus.
18) What is DNA?
Answer: Deoxyribonucleic acid.
19) What is Histology?
Answer: Histology is the study of tissues (Microscopic anatomy)
20) Which is the free living soil bacteria in fixes nitrogen?
Biology Quiz Questions Nature and Scope of Biology Part 3
Biology Topics Quiz 21 – 30
21) What is Physiology?
Answer: Physiology is the study of structure and functions.
22) What is Cell Biology?
Answer: Cell Biology is the study of structure and reproduction of cells.
23) What do you mean by Genetics?
Answer: Genetics is the study of heredity and variations.
24) Write a Radio isotope.
25) How does the living and non-living resemble up to the level organization?
Answer: Molecules and compounds.
26) What number of chemicals are present in a cell?
Answer: About 5000.
27) Write an example of homeostasis.
Answer: Increased heart beat on running and sweating during exercise.
28) Which is called blue-print of information?
29) Which cells are programmed to die during embryonic stage?
Answer: Vessel elements.
30) Why virus cannot be cultured in totally artificial medium?
Answer: Because it lacks machinery to use genetic information.
Biology Quiz Questions Plant Kingdom Part 1
Biology Questions 31 – 40
31) What are seedless plants called?
32) What is Dendrology?
Answer: The study of trees called Dendrology.
33) Energy is converted from sunlight and released by what?
34) Name the process by which plants prepare their food.
35) What is Tonoplast?
Answer: Tonoplast is the membrane around the plant vacuoles.
36) What is the other name of root cap?
37) What is Anemophily?
Answer: It is the pollination by wind.
38) What is pollination?
Answer: The transference of pollen grain from the another of a flower to the stigma is known as pollination.
39) What is Clinostat?
Answer: Clinostat is an apparatus used to demonstrate photoperiodism.
40) Name the process by which terrestrial plant loses water?
Biology Quiz Questions Plant Kingdom Part 2
Online Biology Test 41 – 50
41) What is the term used for the occurrence of more than one type of morphologically different leaves on the same plant?
42) In which country the hormone gibberellin was discovered?
43) Name the natural process involving loss of water from a plant in the form of liquid drops.
44) What is the technical name of the natural opening in the leaves meant for gaseous exchange?
45) What are Heliophytes and Sciophytes?
Answer: Heliophytes are plants that grow in full sunlight, Sciophytes are plants that grow in shade.
46) Name the four insectivorous plants.
Answer: 1. Drosera, 2. Dionaea, 3. Aldrovanda, 4. Utricularia.
47) What is the color of Carotene?
48) What is the source of chemical energy during photosynthesis?
Answer: Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP)
49) What is the shape of chloroplast in spirogyra?
Answer: Ribbon shaped.
50) Which plant has the lifespan of 4000 years?
Biology Quiz Questions Plant Kingdom Part 3
Biological Science 51 – 60
51) Name the organelle where photosynthesis takes place?
52) What are the three kinds of plastids?
Answer: 1. Leucoplasts, 2. Chloroplasts, 3. Chromoplasts.
53) What is the other name for Nastic movement?
Answer: Sleep movement.
54) What is cladode?
Answer: The modification of stem to carry the function of leaf is called cladode. Example: Opuntia.
55) What is the male reproductive part of the flower known as?
56) Name the instrument used to demonstrate geotropism?
57) What are the types of flagella noticed in Algae?
Answer: Whiplash, Tinsel.
58) What are Atrichous bacteria?
Answer: Bacteria which do not have flagella are called Atrichous bacteria.
59) What are the other names for dark reaction of photosynthesis?
Answer: Blackman’s reaction or Calvin cycle.
60) What is the most common nutritive tissue for the developing embryos in angiosperm known as?
Biology Quiz Questions Animal Kingdom Part 1
Biology Quizzes 61 – 70
61) What is an animal?
Answer: The word animal comes from Latin, meaning breath or soul. It includes mammals, birds, reptiles, fish, frogs, clams, lobsters, insects, worms, and jelly-fish.
62) What are invertebrates?
Answer: They are a division of the animals which have no vertebral column.
63) Which is the biggest cell?
Answer: The egg of the bird ostrich.
64) Gave the names of three fur bearing animals?
Answer: The sable, a kind of antelope, mink and the arctic fox are fur bearing animals.
65) Which living animal has the longest lifespan?
66) What is a flying fox?
Answer: It is a kind of bat.
67) Which is the largest marsupial?
Answer: Red kangaroo.
68) How do mammals communicate?
Answer: They communicate by sounds, touch, visual clues, and odor.
69) What is a viviparous?
Answer: A viviparous animal is one that gives birth to young ones.
70) What is Murrah?
Answer: It is a hybrid buffalo which is a high milk producer.
Biology Quiz Questions Animal Kingdom Part 2
Biology Quiz Online 71 – 80
71) Which is the tallest living animal?
72) Which is the biggest land animal?
Answer: African bush elephant.
73) How many species are there in mammals?
Answer: There are forty thousand species.
74) What is Pangolin?
Answer: It is a mammal which does not have teeth.
75) Which is the animal that never drinks water?
Answer: Kangaroo rat.
76) What is Herbivorous?
Answer: Herbivorous is the term used to describe plant eating animals.
77) Which are the mammals that lay eggs?
Answer: Spiny anteaters and the duck-billed platypus.
78) How far can a kangaroo jump?
Answer: It can cover a distance of 7 to 9 meters just in one jump.
79) Where is the metameric segmentation occur?
80) Why do animals have hair?
Answer: They help to retain the internally producing heat.
Biology Quiz Questions Animal Kingdom Part 3
Biology Quizlet 81 – 90
81) Which the animal that has a tongue longer than its body?
82) Which animal has the biggest brain?
Answer: Sperm Whale.
83) What kind of animals lives underground?
Answer: Bees, badgers, earth worms, turtles and toads.
84) Which are the cats that have no tail?
Answer: The Manx and the Siamese.
85) Which animal is the fastest on foot?
86) Why does the egg happen to be larger in size when compared to the other cells?
Answer: Because the food for the growth of the embryo is stored in egg.
87) Which is the aquatic animal with the most developed intelligence?
88) What is the average length of dolphin?
Answer: 1.3 meter.
89) Name four animals which are put to work by man?
Answer: The donkey, the mule, the camel, the bullocks.
90) What is called an animal which eats human flesh?
Biology Quiz Questions Inventions in Biology Part 1
Biology Quiz Exam 91 – 100
91) Who discovered penicillin?
Answer: Alexander Fleming.
92) Who discovered the vaccine for small pox?
Answer: Edward Jenner.
93) Won invented the stethoscope?
Answer: Dr. Rene Laennec.
94) Who discovered the bacterium which causes anthrax?
Answer: Robert Koch.
95) Who invented Golgi bodies?
Answer: Camillo Golgi.
96) Who first discovered cells?
Answer: Robert Hooke.
97) Who discovered the nucleic acid?
98) Who is called the father of modern biology?
99) Who discovered insulin?
Answer: Sir Fredrick Grant Banting and J.J.R. Macleod.
100) Who was the inventor of cortisone?
Answer: Edward Calvin Kendall.
Biology Quiz Questions Inventions in Biology Part 2
Biology Knowledge Quiz 101 – 110
101) Who wrote the book origin of species?
Answer: Charles Darwin.
102) Who proposed the term Species?
Answer: John Ray in 17th century.
103) Who proposed Germplasm theory?
Answer: August Weismann.
104) Who proposed biogenetic law?
105) Who published the book Descent of the man?
Answer: Charles Darwin.
106) Who proposed the theory of Biogenesis?
Answer: Louis Pasteur.
107) Who coined the term Ecology?
Answer: German scientist Ernst Haeckel.
108) Who coined the word Ecosystems?
Answer: A.G Tansley in 1935.
109) Who coined the term Diapause?
Answer: Wheeler in 1893.
110) Who introduced the term Physiology?
Answer: Jean Fernel in 1552.
Biology Quiz Questions Inventions in Biology Part 3
Biology General Quiz 111 – 120
111) Who coined the term Vitamin?
Answer: Funk in 1912.
112) Who discovered O type of blood group?
113) Who founded the science of anatomy?
114) Who is the first person to study the dissected human body?
115) Name the scientist who proposed the theory of mutation.
Answer: Hugo de Vries.
116) Who discovered Endocrinology?
Answer: Bay Liss and Starling.
117) Who proposed the recapitulation theory?
Answer: Von Bear.
118) Who invented neurology?
Answer: Franz Joseph Gall.
119) Who discovered Radium?
Answer: Marie Curie.
120) What is the discovery of Louis Pasteur?
Answer: Vaccination of hydrophobia and the germ theory of disease.