Automobile Quiz Questions Answers
Automobile Quiz Part 1
1) Mercedes cars belong to which country?
2) What is the expansion of NVH, an abbreviation commonly used in automobile dealings?
Answer: Noise, Vibration and Harshness.
3) What was the rally with which the World Rally Championship opened?
Answer: The Monte Carlo Rally.
4) In which year was the first true Pierce Car made?
5) What are the two essential parts of a vehicle?
Answer: Carriage portion and machine portion.
6) What are the two units of an articulated vehicle?
Answer: Tractor unit and trailer unit.
7) Name the machine portion of the automobile which carries the carriage portion?
8) Year of manufacture of an automobile is referred to as what?
9) Who described the first International Combustion Engine?
Answer: Christiaan Huygens.
10) Who built the first self-propelled road vehicle?
Answer: Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot.
11) Who built the first American self-propelled steam vehicle?
Answer: Oliver Evans.
12) Who built the first American gasoline powered automobile?
Answer: Charles Duryea and Frank J. Duryea.
13) When was the first electric self-starter installed in the automobile?
14) Who built England’s first full-sized steam carriage built?
Answer: Richard Trevithick.
15) Who introduced the first brake in carriages?
Answer: Walter Hancock.
Automobile Quiz Part 2
16) Who constructed an Internal Combustion Engine in 1860?
Answer: Etienne Lenoir.
17) Who invented four-stroke engine?
Answer: Nikolaus August Otto and Eugen Langen.
18) What was the fuel used in the first four-stroke vehicle?
19) When was the four-stroke engine invented?
20) Who substituted oil for gas in the four-stroke engine?
Answer: Gottlieb Daimler.
21) What factor contributed most to the acceleration of the development of automobile?
Answer: The introduction of Internal Combustion Engines.
22) Who produced a tricycle with an I.C engine 1n 1885-86?
Answer: Karl Benz.
23) Who built the first motor-cycle?
Answer: Gottlieb Daimler.
24) The first four wheeler powered by an I.C engine was built by whom?
Answer: Siegfried Marcus.
25) Who built the first gasoline automobile which incorporated many of the essential features of the modern car?
Answer: Arthur Constantin Krebs.
26) In which year was the Panhard Car designed?
27) What is called the type of body of a car, of which the top is fabric and could be folded down?
28) What determines the driving thrust (speed) of a vehicle?
Answer: The torque applied at the wheel.
29) What part or device is used to control the speed of a vehicle?
30) Name the steel bar which functions by twisting within a vehicle machine?
Answer: Torsion bar.