Applications of Mathematics Quiz Questions
Mathematics Quiz – Applications of Mathematics
1) Some staircases are in the form of a:
2) Our measurement of time is based on:
Answer: Sexagesimal number system
3) The thread of a bolt is in the form of a:
Answer: Circular helix
4) What is the number which may vary from time to time, does not leave one till one has finished studies?
Answer: Roll number
5) Which household gadget occasionally operates on a special sequence of number?
Answer: Lock (It is called a ‘combination lock’)
6) Every day one follows the numbers of this table. What is it?
7) Sugar is occasionally served in the form of a:
8) What is the Christmas Star known as?
9) One’s score in an I.Q test is known as one’s:
Answer: Intelligence quotient
10) When we have to go by bus, we remember this number:
Answer: Transport number
11) What is brick called in geometrical terms?
12) When numbers are assigned to a person on the basis of his performance in studies, they become:
13) This measuring device is often misused. What is it?
Answer: Foot-rule (It is often employed to beat students)
14) A pencil is often in the form of a:
Answer: Cylinder (Pencils are also in form of hexagonal and triangular prisms)
15) When we enter a foreign country, this number is essential:
Answer: Passport number
Improve Your Maths Knowledge
16) The earth is in the shape of:
Answer: An oblate spheroid
17) What is the number attached to a book when it is kept in a library?
Answer: Accession number
18) Quality control of products manufactured in an industry is conducted using:
Answer: Statistical techniques
19) Which ratio is most pleasing to the eye?
Answer: Golden ratio
20) Egyptian pyramids are actually:
Answer: Square-based pyramids
21) The dish of a radio telescope is:
Answer: Concave in shape
22) Which geometrical concept is employed to make maps of the world?
Answer: Mercator’s projection
23) The patterns of history are:
24) When a heavy, flexible cable or rope is suspended from two points, say two pylons, it forms:
Answer: Catenary curves
25) Which subject is often employed in advertisements to boost up the sales of products?