Animals Quiz Questions Answers – What do you know about Animals – Learn More about Animals
1. A group of which animals is referred to as a wake?
2. Which is the smallest living bird?
Answer: bee hummingbird
3. Which of these animals is related to the ant?
4. What was the first animal that humans domesticated for food?
Answer: the goat
5. What is the hardest tissue in a mammal’s body?
6. Snails and slugs are related. True or false?
7. What is the name of the evolutionary phenomenon that accounts for the massive tails of peacocks?
Answer: Sexual selection
8. How much of its body weight can a Nile crocodile eat?
9. What is the only living bird with two toes on each foot?
10. What is the name for the wild dog of Australia?
11. How many species of vipers are there?
12. What do carnivores eat?
13. What do flamingos eat?
14. How many legs do insects have?
15. In which country did pigeon racing begin as a sport?
16. How many meters in length can a reticulated python become?
17. Which group of birds migrates the farthest when measured by body length?
18. Clams are kinds of mollusks called bivalves. True or false?
19. Male grouse and other birds aggregate and compete for the attention of females in groups known as what?
20. How many pounds of meat can a tiger eat at once?
21. The graylag, the bean, the brant, and the barnacle are all species of what bird?
22. What does the kangaroo excel in?
23. What is the largest terrier?
24. Why are many animals brightly colored?
Answer: to attract attention
25. Which of these is not a relative of the wolf?
26. What is the world’s longest poisonous snake?
Answer: king cobra
27. Mollusk shells are made of ivory. True or false?
28. What part of her mate’s body does a female sagebrush cricket eat?
Answer: His wings
29. Which animal kicked its way out of a feral Burmese python in the Everglades?
Answer: American alligator
30. Which species of bird is not native to the United States?
Answer: ring-necked pheasant
31. In some parts of the world, mysterious deaths of which creatures threaten agriculture?
32. How many breeds of dogs are there?
33. What animal is an ancestor of domesticated cattle?
Answer: the aurochs
34. How many baby kangaroos are usually born at a time to a single mother?
35. Saltwater snails give birth to live snails. True or false?
36. In which bird species will a homosexual male pair “adopt” a female and raise offspring with her?
Answer: Greylag goose
37. What is the largest animal hunted by the leopard?
38. What is the unique characteristic of animals classed as monotremes, which represent a surviving link between mammals and reptiles?
Answer: They lay eggs
39. What is the name for light produced by living things?
40. Where would you find a tuatara?
Answer: New Zealand
41. What is another name for the dog called a German shepherd?
42. What grows over a turkey’s beak?
43. Which of these animals swims in an upright position?
Answer: sea horse
44. To which continent are cobras native?
45. There are only about 15 species of snail. True or false?
46. What is a hectocotylus?
Answer: The mating arm of a cephalopod
47. What is the largest species of bird taken by the peregrine falcon?
Answer: Sandhill crane
48. What is another name for the Australian kingfisher (known also as the laughing jackass)?
Answer: The kookaburra
49. Which of these animals is the most often used in scientific research?
50. What is a group of bats called?