Animals Educational General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers – Animals GK Quiz
1. Where would you be likely to find a sleeping bat?
Answer: in a cave
2. The viceroy butterfly looks like a monarch butterfly. True or false?
3. Peacock spiders, known for their exotic colors and bizarrely charming mating dances, are native to which country?
4. Albatross chicks are up to 300 times heavier than this predator, yet they are at risk from it on Gough Island in the Atlantic.
5. Which group of mammals are known by the following names: leaf-nosed, chin leaf, whiskered, and mouse-eared?
6. What kind of animal is a kangaroo?
7. How many times more sensitive is a dog’s nose than a human’s?
8. Where would you not find parrots in the wild?
9. Where is the largest chameleon found?
10. Butterflies are abundant in Antarctica. True or false?
11. What kind of animal is a gourami?
12. Which large animal is the orca least successful at hunting?
Answer: Blue whale
13. To what special category do the following hunting dogs belong: Afghan, beagle, and whippet?
14. What is the strongest animal based on the ratio of work it can do to its own size?
15. What feature do adult platypuses lack?
16. What do most bats eat?
17. What is the most notable feature of a pelican?
18. About how many species of bats are there?
19. Monarch butterflies like milkweed. True or false?
20. What kind of animal is a bongo?
21. What percentage of its body weight can a Burmese python consume at one time?
22. Which 19th-century children’s classic by Anna Sewell features a horse?
Answer: Black Beauty
23. On what animal would you be riding if you sat in a howdah?
24. What bird figures on the national flag of Mexico?
25. What is the most deadly Australian animal?
26 What is an animal of the class Aves?
26. Butterflies have three sets of legs. True or false?
28. What kind of fish is not referred to as scrod?
29. How many pounds of salmon can a grizzly bear eat in a day?
30. The winged horse Pegasus belongs to the mythology of which culture?
31. The feathers once sold commercially as osprey plumes did not come from the osprey at all. From which bird were they taken?
Answer: The egret
32. Where would you not likely find bats?
33. Which color would you not expect a rattlesnake to be?
34. Most moths fly only at night. True or false?
35. What kind of animal is a spring peeper?
36. To which class of animals does the tortoise belong?